Bright House Cable Discussion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Welcome to Bright House customers!

Once we have enough posts here to justify a separate Forum for Bright House we will create it. For now, please post in this thread.

Update: Bright House now has a separate forum! Enjoy!

Ilya.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Just FYI, Brighthouse is Time Warner Cable.
Well, in that case, we already have a forum for you! ;)

Yup, they carry the same programming, all the agreements come from time warner, except for local stuff of course

Actually Bright House is a private company. Its corperate parent is Advance/Newhouse Communications. The reason the Bright House sysytems are similar to Time Warner's is because they were swappped years ago for other properties. Here is a link for more info: http://www6.indygov.org/cable/news/time_warner/2002_06_05.htm

Advance/Newhouse Communications has operations in selected markets in Alabama, California, Florida, Indiana, and Michigan. Advance/Newhouse Communications is the seventh largest US cable compay serving over 2 million customers. Advance/Newhouse Communications is a privately held company headquartered in Syracuse, New York. The Advance/Newhouse partners' other interests include Conde Nast magazines such as the New Yorker, Vogue, Vanity Fare, and Wired; PARADE magazine; daily newspapers serving 26 cities; American City Business Journals, which publishes business journals in over 45 cities

Channel agreements still come from Time Warner though. Because when TNT and ESPN were added to Time Warner is when they were added to Brighthouse

This thread is high in the google ranks under the keywords Brighthouse forum. Anyone interested in keeping this alive? How bout that new 20/2 download speeds? How's that working. I only have the 7 Meg.

I upgraded to the 20meg download speed in Dec and I'm loving it. For me it was well worth it since I'm sharing the connection with 2 xbox 360s, 1 XP PC, 3 Macs, 2 DVRs & a few portable gaming units. Not to mention video streaming from Netflix.

No hiccups!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts