Bright House Digital Phone

lsh1885

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
Orlando, Florida
I had their phone service installed this morning, because it is cheaper than what I have been paying with Bell South. One problem I have been having is I have had to dial numbers 3 or 4 times before I get through and I get a recording saying "Your call cannot be completed at this time please try your call again later". Is this something that is common or is this something that is likely to be temporary. If not this would be quite a nuisance over the long haul and I may have to reconsider and have the service removed.

Depends on what area your in during the first day of install... Normally I would say NO thats not of the norm. However, In my area, for the past 2 weeks, that has been the norm for the first 48 hours. Our PAC team has had their head up their arses latley and cannot setup the MTA correctly.

However, this could as well be a problem with the installer as well. If you were with bellsouth, I suggest you go outside to the old bellsouth NID and make sure that your disconnected from bellsouth. If you were disconnected from the NID, get into your "junk" drawer, and get one of those unused phone patch cords, and replace the cord from the MTA to the wall outlet.

If that still doesnt solve your problem, dial 611, or call brighthouse and get a tech out there to check things out.

Khandurian......

I live in East Orange near Bithlo. It appears to be getting better, last night I made 3 calls and 2 of them went through on the first try and the one that didn't I was able to get through on the 2nd try. I have another concern though, on the modem there are 2 green lights that seem to indicate that the battery is low and needs to be replaced. I' likely will call Brighthouse about it tomorrow.

Yes everything is working fine now. I have not had any problems dailing out so I guess that was a temporary condition and a Brighthouse technician came out about the low battery and replace battery indicator lights and he said he doesn't know why but that is just the way that modem was designed (Webstar) and not to worry the battery is fine. We had some severe Thunderstorms yesterday and lost power for about 2 hours and was able to call Progress Energy so I guess the battery is working very well. Thanks so much for asking.

no problem... glad you were able to get things up and running relativly smoothly....

when I used to do the installs for those, I used to recommnd going down to circuit city or something like that and getting a small 150-300 UPS.... its amazing how much longer that phone will stay working....

Khandurian......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts