Bright House Tampa Bay New HD Channels:

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Bright House Networks Tampa Bay has just added three new HD channels to our lineups.

USA Network HD on channel 740.
SciFi Network HD on channel 741.
Bravo HD on channel 742.

It doesn't seem like these channels are SDV but I will check to verify this later tonight. It seems Bright House has finally added two networks that the bulk of HDTV owners would actually watch and care about. Lets hope they keep things going in this direction. For the time being enjoy these new HD channels.

the channels need to be added to the orlando area. my relationship with bright house is wearing out on their promised to enhance service and add channels...

i tried satellite, but the installers say, one tree branch is in the way. i live in an apartment complex. so, i'm stuck.

the channels need to be added to the orlando area. my relationship with bright house is wearing out on their promised to enhance service and add channels...

i tried satellite, but the installers say, one tree branch is in the way. i live in an apartment complex. so, i'm stuck.

Didn't you know, the cable companies make sure that trees are planted in strategic locations.

Didn't you know, the cable companies make sure that trees are planted in strategic locations.

:)

Seems that way....I asked the sat installer to move the dish 3 inches to the left of where he was going to put it to have a line of sight and he said, he wouldn't because the signal would only be 90 instead of 106 and that would cause issues. I told him it wouldn't on my part and he said he wouldn't do it and left.

After reading over the thread and noticing changes...does Tampa get the new HD service first and then rolls over to Orlando area?

Really would like to have Bravo HD now....guess I'm getting picky and anxious at the same time. Bright House is supposed to have more channels this year...wonder when and how long.

After reading over the thread and noticing changes...does Tampa get the new HD service first and then rolls over to Orlando area?

Really would like to have Bravo HD now....guess I'm getting picky and anxious at the same time. Bright House is supposed to have more channels this year...wonder when and how long.

This depends but within the last year it goes either way. In your case you got ESPNU HD and ESPN News HD while we in Tampa didn't get it. Tampa got USA HD and SciFi HD while you guys didn't get it yet. In the past it seemed that Orlando area got new channels before Tampa though. I'm thinking it shouldn't take much longer for your area to get these new channels.

Beyond all the new channels to reach that 100 channel or so mark I have no idea when this will occur as testing and upgrades tend to never follow a schedule. I'm thinking we all will see quite a bit of new channels within the next month or two though.

Bright House Tampa Bay recently added the following 3 new HD channels.

Cinemax HD - Channel 702 (free with Cinemax subscription).

Travel Channel HD - Channel 743.
MLB HD - Channel 744.

These seem like three decent HD additions but I'm hearing "quite" a bit more HD channels are coming within the next few months. The breakdown of these new additions will be as follows. First this won't occur until you receive thirty day notices of a channel realignment so keep this in mind.

All 26 HBO and Cinemax channels will be added in HD (new hardware must be installed first to convert the MPEG4 feeds to MPEG2 and SDV most likely will be used for these new channels.

The five Starz HD channels will be added along with Starz On Demand (including Starz HD On Demand).

Once this occurs the core premium channels (main Starz feed, main HBO feed etc) will still be offered without SDV but the additional multiplex channels will be SDV.

This will be the bulk of the new additions but they will also be adding another 20-30 HD channels that aren't premiums such as Spike HD etc. I'm not saying Spike HD will be one of the new channels though as I'm just listing the type of channels within this group.

The plan is that by summer they will be at or over 100 total HDTV channels with a major expansion of HD On Demand content most notably subscription HD On Demand additions as apposed to PPV HD On Demand additions.

I hope this gives you all a better idea of what is still to come but alas it still requires waiting but its coming sooner rather than later.

why, oh why, would someone want to switch from mpeg4 to mpeg2. that sounds like a downgrade in quality to me!

Of course =). But the Brighthouse Digital Boxes & DVRs are from the 1980s and can't do MPEG-4!

Thanks for the HD-Update though. HBO would be very tempting when it comes out in HD, although I'm REALLY interested in the National Channels. Spike, ESPNEWS-HD, CBS-College Sports, Cartoon Network and Comedy Central are probably the only nationals left that I watch not in HD.

Quick Question too, any idea when Brighthouse will roll Tru2Way support out? I know it's coming slowwwlllyyy, but I would REALLY love to get my hands on that new EchoStar (Dishnetwork) DVR w/ Slingbox built-in. EchoStar is saying they want to launch a Tru2Way Cable Version of the device mid-year, which I think would BLOW AWAY the current systems BH uses!

why, oh why, would someone want to switch from mpeg4 to mpeg2. that sounds like a downgrade in quality to me!

If this wasn't done no BHN customer would see the other 22 or so HBO/Cinemax HD channels until every customers HD boxes were swapped out with new MPEG4 capable boxes. Or they could transcode the MPEG4 signal to MPEG2 which would allow all current and future HD boxes to view these channels.

I think this will be quite an easy choice and also the MPEG4 transport streams are higher quality compared to what would be sent out to customers boxes even if you had MPEG4 boxes. Really you most likely won't notice any difference in picture quality as they are using high end professional transcoders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)