Bringing OTA and Sat in the house on single coax.

I have never seen a diplexer with power pass on both sides.

Even with that combiner it looks like a 14/18 volt multi-switch. I don't think it will support Dish pro.

You could try using a 5-2300 MHz all port power pass splitter and use it in reverse at the LNB and ota.

But, You don't want Power on the Satellite side.
You'll fry the LNB.

So can you power the OTA side only?
I haven't seen a Duplexer with Power pass on the Antenna side.
Only on a Combiner which Claude did post.
You DO want power on the satellite side. The power originates from the receiver and gets sent to the LNB. LNBs need power to work.

Thanks everyone for the advice, I decided my best bet is to just put on my coveralls one of these weekends and shimmy under the house and run the separate coax. I was just trying to short cut things, but I think running the separate coax will be my best option. I will be glad when my kids are old enough for me to send them under the house :biggrin

Yes but that comes from the receiver.
Not an additional power supply on top of that.
Either I'm not explaining myself well, or you're not understanding.

The power inserter I was referring to would send power to an amplified OTA antenna. You don't put a power inserter on the line going to an LNB.

Thanks everyone for the advice, I decided my best bet is to just put on my coveralls one of these weekends and shimmy under the house and run the separate coax. I was just trying to short cut things, but I think running the separate coax will be my best option. I will be glad when my kids are old enough for me to send them under the house :biggrin

drill hole in floor where you want the antenna cable.push it thru the floor.

buy some cheap CPVC plastic 1 inch water pipe.

use it to grab the coax thru the floor and pull it to where you want it.

way easier than climbing around under house.....

years ago i sold and installed dish. a new sub wanted dish but had a sewer leak under their home:( YUK

a friend suggested this......

when i was done i told the homeowner the plastic pipe was his......

what a yucky mess

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)