Broadband Internet for MDU?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
I've got a 340 passing SMATV property with about 290 subs for the basic cable tier. The distribution trunkline is .500 hardline, and there are four, two-way capable BIDAs that probably don't have return amplifier modules stuffed in them. We are using channels 2-45 at present, with channels 3, 8, and 11 carrying "beeping channel" scrambled programming.

They recently endured a failed attempt by someone major (Verizon, maybe) to implement DSL over their private phone system. I was told that it interfered with some kind of life safety system.

Is there anything primitive I can install at the headend that would allow the drops to have access via modem to something faster than a phoneline? I'm not interested in selling subscriptions or installations, and I sure as hell don't want to be the person they call when they can't figure out how to make their modem work. I just want to sell the "hub", if that is what it is called, so as to better secure the SMATV business I have there, as well as to make whatever profit I can make on the hardware installation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)