Broadband Internet for MDU?

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
I've got a 340 passing SMATV property with about 290 subs for the basic cable tier. The distribution trunkline is .500 hardline, and there are four, two-way capable BIDAs that probably don't have return amplifier modules stuffed in them. We are using channels 2-45 at present, with channels 3, 8, and 11 carrying "beeping channel" scrambled programming.

They recently endured a failed attempt by someone major (Verizon, maybe) to implement DSL over their private phone system. I was told that it interfered with some kind of life safety system.

Is there anything primitive I can install at the headend that would allow the drops to have access via modem to something faster than a phoneline? I'm not interested in selling subscriptions or installations, and I sure as hell don't want to be the person they call when they can't figure out how to make their modem work. I just want to sell the "hub", if that is what it is called, so as to better secure the SMATV business I have there, as well as to make whatever profit I can make on the hardware installation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts