Broadcasters File Retrans Complaint Against DIRECTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
A group of braodcasters have filed an emergency petition with the FCC charging DirecTV with failure to negotiate retrasmission consent in good faith and wants the FCC to compel DirecTV to back up its price claim. The complaint was filed by Northwest Broadcasting, Broadcasting Licenses, Mountain Licenses, Stainless Broadcasting, Eagle Creek Broadcasting of Laredo, Bristlecone Broadcasting, and Blackhawk Broadcasting, saying they had come to an impasse over "unbrideable" and apparently unbudgeable, "positions on price." The station groups say they have market data to support their price claims which it has shown to DirecTV, while DirecTV has refused to show them its "facts" for the price it is asking.

multichannel.com

They need to stop crying. If they want bigger fees, earn it, or earn revenue a different way. Dtv can't import locals from elsewhere so they run the risk of losing customers when locals make demands. Locals are some of the easiest gigs ever in respect to having the negotiation power.

Yes, if it was up to me the local stations would not get retransmission fees at all. These stations all have completely unreasonable ideas what their signals are worth. Let DireCtv, Dish etc get the national networks and then see how much the local "added content" is worth.

Yes, if it was up to me the local stations would not get retransmission fees at all. These stations all have completely unreasonable ideas what their signals are worth. Let DireCtv, Dish etc get the national networks and then see how much the local "added content" is worth.

I agree.

Why offer a signal for free if you expect the satellite and cable providers to pay.

Reactions: goober22
if they want to be on that bad cant they do must carry?

but its most likely about hte money

Reactions: ChadT41
Status
Please reply by conversation.