Broke my 921- Dish sent a 942!

Looks like the fine print doesn't exclude coverage for units purchased on Ebay:

2. Eligibility
This Plan is available to new and existing DISH Network customers who purchase or lease DISH Network hardware products. The Plan monthly fee of $5.99 includes coverage for up to 6 receivers. The Plan is only extended to the original customer who enrolled in the Plan and is non-transferable. You represent and warrant that the hardware for which you are seeking coverage are in proper operating condition at the start of the warranty coverage and that your DISH Network account is current and in good standing. No activation fee is required for customers purchasing the Plan for the first time.

3.What is Covered
The Plan covers repair or replacement of defects in materials or workmanship for DISH Network Direct Broadcast Satellite ("DBS") video hardware, remote controls, antennae, or switches that were i) purchased or leased by You, (ii) that are activated on your DISH Network programming account, and (iii) that are installed at your residential location (“Covered Product”). Your residence must be in an area where you can legally receive DBS transmissions from a DISH Network satellite.

For less than $200 it might be worth a shot. And there are all kinds of things that could be called in as defects on that unit!

They don't have to honor the second party for warranty's as I believe it is for original purchasers only. I have heard in some cases they are honoring it though.

Good luck amigo.

I'm not saying that I would actually DO this myself, but it seems like a loophole in the fine print that could be exploited. It doesn't say that used equipment is excluded. All it says that it covers equipment that "you" purchased. So I purchased it used on Ebay - I still purchased it! :)

Scooters said:
The video went out on my 921. I used my trusty $199/month service contract and dish sent me a new receiver.

In this case they sent me a 942. Have others received this "swap" when their 921 died??

So if my trusty 721 fails (which I pay no DVR fee) and they send me a new receiver - does that mean I would have to pay the monthly DVR fee?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)