Broke my leg.

HDwonderer

Forced ex-VOOMer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2005
Upstate NY
Giving back the VOOM LNB. - When the install was done I went up with the installer to clear some of the snow. On the way down the ladder kicked out in the ice layer under the snow and I fell 12 feet getting a broken fibula (smaller of two lower leg bones). Yes as some of you know I am a paid firefighter and got all the razzing at work. But come on. They really think I have not paid enough for them. HA! I will be damned if I climb up there again to get the LNB for them. Unless you really have to go up on your roof for something else don't. Even without the snow, if it can happen to me, it could happen to you. Yet if they want to give us hazard pay! Hey now there is an idea.

-scott

P.S.
If you fel the need to pound me too .... get it over now...please :)

Why were you going after the LNB? Swapping it out for a Dish one? Dish is the only DBS I know of that asks for the LNB.

Shawn95GT said:
Why were you going after the LNB? Swapping it out for a Dish one? Dish is the only DBS I know of that asks for the LNB.

So far I have been up there for install not the un-install yet. I will not go up there just for the heck of it so they could have it back if they ask for it.

You are right. I did have to send the dish one back when I left them before V*. Now that I think about it I should have sent them an un-install bill.

mdonnelly said:
This is why I don't mind paying the $100 bucks for E* to install a dish for 61.5. :)

LOL...heck i'll go up there again to do the install. 100.00 hazard pay. :eureka :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

Read the posts guys....I started a thread about using your voom dish and lnb for Dish Network.

AxE said:
Read the posts guys....I started a thread about using your voom dish and lnb for Dish Network.
Read it earlier. Thats if you want to go with E*. No thank you...been there done that. But will wait for D* with voom21.

HDwonderer said:
Read it earlier. Thats if you want to go with E*. No thank you...been there done that. But will wait for D* with voom21.

Probably not going to happen since E* bought Rainbow 1 and the uplink center. But you never know maybe they will carry it in the next year or so. I am a retailer for E* and D*, I have D* myself, but when I called D* retail care center about the VOOM channels they said that they are going to have more HD content in the next year but told me that that was all they could tell me officially, but I was told un-officially not to hold my breath. So it sounds like D* is kind of bitter about this whole thing. I am switching to Dish because I don't want my HDTV to go to waste.

HDwonderer said:
Giving back the VOOM LNB. - When the install was done I went up with the installer to clear some of the snow. On the way down the ladder kicked out in the ice layer under the snow and I fell 12 feet getting a broken fibula (smaller of two lower leg bones). Yes as some of you know I am a paid firefighter and got all the razzing at work. But come on. They really think I have not paid enough for them. HA! I will be damned if I climb up there again to get the LNB for them. Unless you really have to go up on your roof for something else don't. Even without the snow, if it can happen to me, it could happen to you. Yet if they want to give us hazard pay! Hey now there is an idea.

-scott

P.S.
If you fel the need to pound me too .... get it over now...please :)

poor thing sorry you broke you leg. (Gee some of us will do anything to get out of work LOL)

t

AxE said:
Probably not going to happen since E* bought Rainbow 1 and the uplink center. But you never know maybe they will carry it in the next year or so. I am a retailer for E* and D*, I have D* myself, but when I called D* retail care center about the VOOM channels they said that they are going to have more HD content in the next year but told me that that was all they could tell me officially, but I was told un-officially not to hold my breath. So it sounds like D* is kind of bitter about this whole thing. I am switching to Dish because I don't want my HDTV to go to waste.

There have got to be other ways to distribute the VOOM 21 then with just Rainbow 1. And do you really think that D* who is putting up all those sats this year is going to just sit by and let E* run away with some of the best stations on the market? I bet 3-4 mos at the most. Did not D* just get one of the new sats up there? I know it take more time to set up but money talks and they will not want to miss the bandwagon. So theere will be a rush for the setup. I could see D* even some of the locals going online pushed back after VOOM. Once a customer signs on with E* it will be very hard for D* to pull them away. The BIGGER minds at D* see and know this. $$$$$$

-scott

Snow was in Jan. when installer did OTA change. And for you sicko's here is the leg.

Attachments

• foot038_31Jan05.jpg
    foot038_31Jan05.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 163

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)