Broken HD Television - Leased 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

marathon_1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Orange County, CA
Anybody's HDTV break. Its going to be several months before I can get it fixed or purchase a new set.

I know I can call dish but what are my options. I am leasing a 622.

Not many. I think that you could drop HD service but that would save you only the difference between the HD service and the enabling fee.

You can always hook it up to another standard definition TV. It has RF output if you do not have regular video input. Surely you or a friend/family has a TV you could use for a while.

SD maybe but I would love to find even a used HD set in that price range.

i could be wrong but I think that is his real problem---why pay the lease and HD fees if he can't watch HD.

Broken HDTV is a Panasonic Projection unit. It was manufactured in 2003, working units on flea bay are going for 200.00 or so. The unit will not power on. I do not believe it is worth fixing.

I canceled hdtv and downgraded from AEP to AT 250. At least I can save around 30 bucks a month toward my new TV. I borrowed a 32 in sdtv from my parents for now.

Broken HDTV is a Panasonic Projection unit. It was manufactured in 2003, working units on flea bay are going for 200.00 or so. The unit will not power on. I do not believe it is worth fixing.

I canceled hdtv and downgraded from AEP to AT 250. At least I can save around 30 bucks a month toward my new TV. I borrowed a 32 in sdtv from my parents for now.

The HD withdrawal will be rough but at least you're still able to watch some TV. You can use the time to research what the best deal on a set will be for you. Good luck.

Sounds like a plan to me.

And there are several HDTVs for less than $1,000 now, and a HUGE selection below $2,000. Don't forget to consider JVC D-ILA rear projection units as you consider your replacement. And HDTVs are getting cheaper every month!

Wow, this just happened to me also. I have an RCA rear projection and it went out on me the other day. We have one tv repairman in this town and I can't get him to return my call. Small town, one repairman = $$$$. I may try to mess with it myself as I have seen the problem posted before on other sites, but no "this is what fixed it" answers where posted. I have been thinking of dropping HD and HBO also.

Talk about HD with-drawals........

Broken Panasonic HDTV

I had a Panasonic HDTV that also broke in October 2003. It was only 1 yr old at the time.Seems a component on a board inside the chassis broke. I did get a replacement board from Panasonis for over $250.00. The replacment board also went down. black screen no video, was informed by Panasonic that the parts were obsolete no other replacement boards or components available. Never buy Panasonic again, now have Sony ,wouldn't watch anything else.:)

Wow, this just happened to me also. I have an RCA rear projection and it went out on me the other day. We have one tv repairman in this town and I can't get him to return my call. Small town, one repairman = $$$$. I may try to mess with it myself as I have seen the problem posted before on other sites, but no "this is what fixed it" answers where posted. I have been thinking of dropping HD and HBO also.

Talk about HD with-drawals........

The forums at Main Index - HomeTheaterSpot.Com - Powered by FusionBB have been a great resource for technical information for tweaking and fixing my set. My paid membership also gives me access to additional places in the forums. It has been well worth the trouble and I have been helped out by many professionals there with advice. There's also a wealth of topics that have already been discussed in detail. It might be worth checking out.

The forums at Main Index - HomeTheaterSpot.Com - Powered by FusionBB have been a great resource for technical information for tweaking and fixing my set. My paid membership also gives me access to additional places in the forums. It has been well worth the trouble and I have been helped out by many professionals there with advice. There's also a wealth of topics that have already been discussed in detail. It might be worth checking out.

My 2002 56" JVC HD projection set went out 6 months ago. I had it fixed for $300. It turned out to be a bad capacitor near the power supply. The capacitor going out saved my TV from extensive damage according to the tech. The tech was from the local Crutchfield store. Still after having it fixed, HD still looks like crap compared to my 40" Westinghouse LCD in my bedroom. If I can get 2 more years out of that JVC, then It'll be time to upgrade...I'm thinking 70+ inch LCD.....

Man, I forgot about that site. Used to go there once in awhile but havent in a couple years. I am re-registering for it, but wont pay for it. Maybe someone on their knows something about the set I have. Could you maybe throw something up ion the pay area if I can't get any info from the non-paying area? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts