broken power button on 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eddieras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
i had a black box from where PIP was - i tried swapping tuners and changing channels but it wasn't working properly- so i pressed the power button for a reset. i walked away and came back and it still was not rebooted. i went to look at the power button and it was completely recessed in the machine! i unplugged and tried to wiggle it out - to no avail. i plugged back in and nothing.
anyone see this before? the mode button was always a bit sticky but i didn't think much of it cause i rarely change the mode. i have the protection plan but i'd hate to go thru getting a new machine - this one was a replacement for another 722 that died about 6 mos ago.

what'd you guys think? do they ever send out a tech to take a look at the machine first and try to fix it? i was just going to call but i'm leaving the house in 10 minutes and don't have the time - so i thought i'd post here and call in the am.

thanks!

You can remove the top cover, then very carefully remove the front panel and fiddle with the button to get it back in the right location.

thanks - i guess i'll give it a try - if i can't fix it would you know if opening it up would negate any type of warranty

also to the garys, i'm talking about the 722 receiver not the remote... thanks guys!

Only if you can't get it back together again...
I've never opened a 722, but the only warranty 'seal' on a 625 was on the hard drive.

I lease all my equipment save one old 301 and pay 5 bucks a month to fix or replace my equipment when it breaks. rma the thing.

I was assuming of course:
- you feel technically savvy enough to try it
- you have stuff on the internal drive you would like to keep
- you have an external HDD to copy the stuff to once you get it running again

otherwise, just RMA it like Frank said.

I was assuming of course:
- you feel technically savvy enough to try it
- you have stuff on the internal drive you would like to keep
- you have an external HDD to copy the stuff to once you get it running again

otherwise, just RMA it like Frank said.

well - two out of three ain't bad - i'm not tech savvy! i do have tons on the HDD tho - i already have an Ex HDD - the button is loose and depressed within the box. i'll take a closer look today. i'm hoping i can just get it going but seeing how it's more than just stuck worries me.

thank you guys so much!! i was able to pop off the cover - then the nose. the plastic that is behind the power button was stressed - not allowing the button to be flush with the rest of the inside back panel. so i did not put the nose back on because it would still be depressing the power button. hooked it all back up and voila - everything works perfectly. i was also worried that with the power button depressed for an extended period it may have messed something up even more with the unit - but no problems - except i have a funny looking 722 sitting on my rack - very industrial looking with no front cover! i actually was able to partially put it back on, but not snap it fully in place.

i can't thank you guys enough!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)