bsc 621-2 Quality, Signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
I have a viewsat receiver. I am holding on my hand a BSC621-2 LNBF, connect the Ku to the port (bridge) and then from where it says receiver on the BSC I go to the receiver. Once I to to antena setup. I should be able to get SIGNAL right? I know Iwll not get any quality, as I have the LNB on my hand, but Signal tell me the LNBF itself is good right? Signal right now go to 50 and then to 0, and to 50 and then to 0 and keeps doing that.

Is my LNBF bad?

Satellite: Pas3r
LNB Power: ON
LNB Type: Standard
LNB Freq: 5150
22 khz: off
TP Freq: xxx
DISEc 1.0: 1
Motor: off

Now, can I baypass the switch? Can I remove the jumper cable and then connect the coax cable coming from the receiver to where the jumper cable was coming from the Ku? Would that give my C band only?

5150 LNB Frequency for C-band
UNiversal (9750/10600) for KU Band
if you use the jumper, port 1 for C Band, port 2 for KU

yes you can bypass the switch

plug the line from "RCV" to port 1 of the diseqc switch and the coax from the end of the LNB to port 2 of diseqc switch...thats the only way I was able to get the receiver to acknowledge the C-Band side was to plug it into port 1 of diseqc

I have a viewsat receiver. I am holding on my hand a BSC621-2 LNBF, connect the Ku to the port (bridge) and then from where it says receiver on the BSC I go to the receiver. Once I to to antena setup. I should be able to get SIGNAL right? I know Iwll not get any quality, as I have the LNB on my hand, but Signal tell me the LNBF itself is good right? Signal right now go to 50 and then to 0, and to 50 and then to 0 and keeps doing that.

Is my LNBF bad?
You probably have a loose connection.Make sure the jumper cable is tight.
OR
You can ditch the jumper cable and plug directly into the lnb, eliminating the internal lnb switch.

This setup was working fine, then now I get nothing. No Quality, and signal keeps going from 0 to 50 back and for, 0, 50, 0, 50, but does not stay constant in one value. I was thinking maybe the switch went bad, but maybe the cable. Dont know how they could have gone bad.

So, I was going to try bypassing the switch by connecting directly to the port that is next to the port labeled RCV (the one used to brigde the Ku). I will try that.

But guys, I am right about the LNB having probelms if the signal keeps doing that? At least from my experience I should get something here and it varies from receiver to receiver, 20%, or 30% , etc. Now, quality will get only when I get a channel on a specific transponder.

I went straght fromthe KU to the receiver, changed all values on the receiver, still same , 0-25-50% , does not stay on a specific value for signal. I guess that means the LNB is bad.
This is my second one from DMS going bad in less than a year. I have had a chaparral for year and no problems. DMS sucks, I will not buy this anymore.

ok i trying to get this straight in my head

you have a BSC621-2 ( its a c-band & universal ku band lnbf combo)
your talking about hooking up the KU side and getting flucuating signals but the settings you list in post #3 are for c-band LO 5150

it just looked strange the info in post #8 is the one to try
[RCV will get you the C-Band side

the plug at the end of the LNB is KU side
/QUOTE]

now if you try it this way you will have to change the information in setup to reflect that you took out the internal diesqc switch and the LO's match which band you are trying to get.
( or you could use another diesqc switch that you have laying around)

now with all this said , i'm not saying that you don't have a bad lnbf

and the ole added disclaimer ( turn off the power on the receiver before you disconnect the coax)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts