BSC621-2 C/Ku LNBF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

texasclaw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Texarkana, TX
I recently purchased a BSC621-2 C/Ku LNBF. When my installer put the 621 on, he had a problem that when he tightened the screw, the LNBF would move from the position he had placed it. What may be a solution? :confused:

Also having difficulty getting C-Band analog birds, that I got with my old 421. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I have a 10' BUD, the new BSC621-2, a BEC6600+ digital receiver, and a Motorola450i analog receiver. I plan to add a Pansat3500S and a 30" motorized Ku Dish to the mix.

Mine has correct mark for the skew, either 12 or 6 o'clock position. Look like there 2 different batch of the lnbfs.
Best way is to check the probe position inside the horn. Just take the cover out to see how they are constructed.

Make sure you have the skew mark at 9 o'clock from the front of the the dish, you may need to pack the scaler ring to keep the LNBF centered as you tighten the screw.

Lots of good info in the review..........

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=708834#post708834

Scalar Ring in, but more problems

The LNBF is installed, however I cannot pull in most of my C-Band analog FTA and some of the Ku will show up as a good signal 43 percent quality, but when tp's scanned nothing shows up.

What could have happened. The installer did put on another scalar ring so it would be tight. Could this be the problem?

Help!

I found that the C-band signals and Ku band signals are at different places in the sky, so some slight movement is needed on the dish even when on the same (C/Ku) satellite!

I also found the focal distance between C and Ku band to be different, I optimised the F/D for Ku Band and let C-Band take care of itself!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)