BSC621-2 C/Ku--Please help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bloomdog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
I attached one of these next to my Ku lnb on my 1.2 m dish. I only want to use the C band portion of it. I am having trouble getting any feeds whatsoever.
I have a Coolsat 6000; I am using a 4x1 DisEqc swith with the BSC621-2 C/Ku assigned as no. 3 and my ku lnb assigned as no. 2.

Questions:
1. do I need to disconnect the Ku cable on the BSC621-2 C/Ku lnb?

2. Will the switch 's signal get to the C portion of the BSC621-2 C/Ku lnb? I realize that it has an internal DisEqc switch--wasn't sure if it would be a problem have two such switches in a row (I read somewhere that on the BSC621-2 C/Ku lnb, its internal switch calls the C-band lnb "1"). Is it a problem that on my DisEqc the BSC621-2 C/Ku is plugged into port 1?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

3. What are a few of the strongest linear C-Band digital transponders out there so I can shoot for something?

Thanks--can anybody answer the other very important questions??

(don't know how I posted twice-sorry!)

1. if you have a separate KU LNB then yes remove it
2. if you remove the cable from KU and hook up 2 separate lines then its fine. Whatever the settings on the switch are is what you have it as

The 1 & 2 are ONLY if you have one cable from the LNB for both

if you only want to use the c-band side then just connect ( only cable to connect) the coax to the place called RCV (you should be able to connect to either the "RCV" or "LNB") if you don't get a signal try without your other diesqc switch. or swap between RCV & LNB make sure your powered off before swapping .

if you are only using c-band then there should be no diseqc problems ( if using c & ku from the -2 the internal switch calls c-band port 1 or a)

Two more questions--please!
1. Where is the focal point on the BSC621-2 C/Ku lnb? If I am only using the C-band portion, how do I know where to line it up with respect to my offset dish?

2. Also, how sensitive is the alignment as far as aiming it to the dish? I recall reading that C-Band is not as fussy as Ku band due to the lower frequency and thus longer wave length.

Two more questions--please!
1. Where is the focal point on the BSC621-2 C/Ku lnb? If I am only using the C-band portion, how do I know where to line it up with respect to my offset dish?

2. Also, how sensitive is the alignment as far as aiming it to the dish? I recall reading that C-Band is not as fussy as Ku band due to the lower frequency and thus longer wave length.

Place the LNB in the same place you place your Ku band LNB.

C-Band is much easier to align than Ku-Band, you can be off by quite a bit and still pick up signals.

caddata really worked up this in one of his threads

it also explaines how to check for proper FD on these 1.2 setups LINK

but for me it worked like this (and I'm using a big dish) when i tuned c-band through the scaler... i marked my lnbf tube when i got signal and kept on inserting until i lost signal ( also marked ) then i went back and skewed it slightly until i lost signal and marked .. after doing this it completed a box marked out (square) on the feedhorn tube and within that square was a optimal signal for C-band and KU.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)