Bsc621-2 No KU Signals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

john_robot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 24, 2008
Hi, I have a issue with Bsc621-2 C/Ku LNBF; I am getting about 50% signal strengh on C Band but no KU signals whatsoever...
My dish is a 6FT Solid BUD.

What could be the problem ?

There are many things to check.
Which Sat are you pointing to?
Can you list your equip. and set up (receiver, switches.....)
Then list your LNB Settings from your Receiver's Setup Menu.

Which satellite are you pointing at? Which transponder, polarity, and symbol rate?

I think the LO on those LNBs is 10.750MHz so make sure your settings in your receiver is correct. Also the 621-2 might use a two position DISEqC switch so make sure it is set to the Ku port. That is in the antenna setup menu as well. Use #2 for Ku. If you have another DISEqC switch before the Bsc621-2 you would have issues... Remove it from the feedline and connect direct to the Bsc621-2 out port.

Some report that the Ku is a bit offset from the C-band focal point so you might have to move your dish around just a bit to maximize the signal... that is if when you get one.

I don't have one of these LNBs but I thought I should try to answer your question as best I can. There are others that will have better info for you.

Good luck!
-C.

There are many things to check.
Which Sat are you pointing to?
Can you list your equip. and set up (receiver, switches.....)
Then list your LNB Settings from your Receiver's Setup Menu.
Lak7
You type quicker and more efficiently than I!
:)
-C.

But are you using a Switch?
Try connecting directly to the KU LNB, it's the port at the end of the BSC621, do not use the jumper.

The Switch to go from C to Ku is built-in to the Square Box on the side of the BSC621.
Just connect directly to the Ku part, not to the Box, no jumper.

I looked at the DMS International website and for the BSC621-2
the LO should be set to 9750 or 10600.

You should select 9750/10600 or 10600 because the transponders on the satellite you are trying to receive are 12200 MHz+. If you select 10750 you will only be able to scan up to 12050 MHz (below the frequency of the transponders on that satellite) and the frequencies will be off by 150 MHz because of the incorrect LO frequency.

The BSC-621-2 has a UNIVERSAL Ku LNB.
You may have the wrong Local Oscillator frequency.
But also consult the documentation for other gotchas.
The other model has a 22khz switch, but the -2 has a diseqc switch.

edit: guess I was one minute too late.
See what QWERT has to say above. - :up

[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]
[/FONT]

Yes I was wrong on the 10750 local oscillator frequency, use the universal setting and check the frequencies match the two postings above and check the manual to double check..

That's an interesting receiver. Maybe someone else has one who can verify the proper settings for the DMS LNB..

-C.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts