BSC621

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

st_moose

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2004
My BSC621 arrived yesterday, but it has been too cold to think about installing it (0* right now, I known, for some of you this is not cold :)

Anyway, looking at the BSC621, I notice that there is no polarizer control box (guess I did not really notice that it was not there when looking at the pictures before buying), so I am guessing that I need a switch (or something) of some sort to change between polarity? (the polarizer control had gone bad on the old LNB and is sitting on the desk next to me)

Setup is analog US Electronics Legacy II and digital is a Coolsat 6000 from a 10' BUD

thanks for the continued help! :)

Polarity is controlled by voltage from the Receiver.
The Coolsat is designed for that, I don't know about the US Elec.
What LNB options do you have in the US Elec?

LNB options on the US Electronics Legacy II are

1 - one c-band and/or one ku-band lnb,
2 - lnbf, vert=high,
3 - lnbf, vert = low

currently set to option 1

Did you get the BSC621-1 or BSC621-2?
The BSC621-1 is a Standard Ku LNB and the BSC621-2 is a Universal.
I don't think the Universal will work with the US Elec receiver.

It will probably be 2 or 3.
I'm guessing here, but the High / Low probably means High / 18volts or Low / 13volts will be vertical.

There are no f/D ratio markings on the BSC621, so before removing the old Feedhorn, measure the distance from the mouth to the Scalar Ring, or make a mark on the old Feedhorn.

Another thing, if you are going to use the BSC621 for Ku, myself and others have found that the Cap that comes with the BSC621 kills the signal quite a bit, and have found other things to use as a Cap.

This page may help...
The DMS* BSC621

Installed the BSC621 today, have tried setting the LNB setting on the Legacy to both 2 and 3 and then blind scanning with the Coolsat.

Have tried setting the Coolsat with LNB ON, 13V and 18V
additional settings are LNB type - single, LNB frequency 5.150, 22kHz off, DiSEqC off

Am currently pointed at 99* G4 (I think that is G16 now) even though it is not my true south, but there is an analog in the clear so I pointed there to start (my true south is at 95*

have no DiSEq switch, do I need one?
have a splitter, one leg to the Coolsat and one to the Legacy

getting the same channels -- the GD mux at 3821 but both as H and V

any thoughts?

thanks

Your Skew is probably off.

Put your Dish at True South, take the cap off the Feedhorn, stand behind the Dish and look into the Feed.
You should see a 1/4" metal bar running Horizontal.

Also, the "box" on the side of the Feed should be "pointing" to 6 o'clock.

moved the dish to 95*, rotated the LNB

if the skew bar is horizontal the "box" does not point to 6'oclock, it points to either 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock, I am guess that it is more important that the skew bar is horizontal?

Here is what mine looks like if I was looking from behind the Dish.

Attachments

• DSC01941.JPG
    DSC01941.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 176
adjusted so that the 'skew bar' is horizontal and the box is pointed as shown...

scanning the digital skies again...:)

thanks for the help!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)