BTN is waste of bandwidth

LSU will have to lose to USC this year. Florida would have lost to them last year had they faced them. Michigan served as a good example instead!
Not really, as Michigan almost beat Ohio State, and Florida crushed Ohio St. (41-14) worse than USC killed Michigan (32-18).
Of course USC had 2 losses to unranked teams (Oregon St. & UCLA) and Florida only had the 1 loss to #10 Auburn.
Though I will agree that USC was a better team than Ohio St.

Dominance? I think not. Anyone willing to look deeper than a SportsCenter sound byte can see its even at best for the SEC."""
I didn't say anything about dominance. I made reference to this years teams and last years teams.
41-14 and 32-18 pretty much answered how good last years (Ohio St. & Michigan) teams were.

I like that they are HD out of the gate and not just for games. Plus the alt channels to carry many simultaneous games is a PLUS considering that its not a special package this year.

BigTen gets a thumbs up.

The difference is that the channel you don't like probably isn't costing Dish(and soon, us) nearly as much as Big Ten Network.

And how much is Big 10 costing? We know what they originally wanted to get as far as placement and cost in the beginning. They also stated they had come off that 1.10 amount for the footprint.. and seeing as that in the end they get what they wanted for placement, I would bet that they gave in even more on the price.

I would bet they are close to $.75 per sub in the footprint, and they will get a similar amount next year for the anyone outside the footprint that subs to the sports pack.

I like that they are HD out of the gate and not just for games.
This just seems odd to me. I mean this is a college network that produces its studio shows in HD, while the NFL Network can't seem to figure that one out. You'd think with the popularity of the NFL, its network could afford to produce its studio shows (Total Access) in HD! A :up to the BTN for getting it right!

This just seems odd to me. I mean this is a college network that produces its studio shows in HD, while the NFL Network can't seem to figure that one out. You'd think with the popularity of the NFL, its network could afford to produce its studio shows (Total Access) in HD! A :up to the BTN for getting it right!

Yes, I've noticed that too.

A common complaint on forums like this is that HD channels don't run enough true HD programming. The BTN did it right, they run a lot of true HD programming. In fact, now that I think of it, can anyone think of another 24/7 simulcast network that shows more true hd??

NFL Network HD is another can of worms. The fact that the NFL (which is not hurting for money btw) can't produce it's own studio shows in HD is laughable.

I'm sure it was said earlier but the business decision by both Big Ten and E* was great. Think of the number of fans jumping onto Dish (if it's not already on their cable networks)! As a college sports fan, I'll be glad to watch as many games as possible not only for football but other sports (mainly basketball). I'm a jealous fan from the SEC (Hogs)! I hope the SEC takes notice of this ;-) !

I'm sure it was said earlier but the business decision by both Big Ten and E* was great. Think of the number of fans jumping onto Dish (if it's not already on their cable networks)! As a college sports fan, I'll be glad to watch as many games as possible not only for football but other sports (mainly basketball). I'm a jealous fan from the SEC (Hogs)! I hope the SEC takes notice of this ;-) !
I hope so too, but at least the SEC has CBS for key matchups. :D
I've actually heard rumors that CBS and the SEC are considering teaming up to do an SEC network.

The Big 10 has ABC/ESPN for the big matchups...

The SEC is looking into their own network as well, and I would bet that CBS will still get top choice for a game every week, it will just allow the "lesser" schools a chance for more national exposure, which will help the entire conference in recruiting.

No offense towards Michigan, OSU and PSU, but I love the chance to see ALL the big 10 teams play, I will be flipping between teh 3 games tomorrow while i LISTEN to my Gophs on the radio (Stupid Florida Atlantic giving the rights to their game to ESPN 360, which i think is the total # of viewers for that channel), at least the rest of the year will all be on TV.

CBS has an exclusive with the SEC.

Just because CBS shows SEC exclusively, does not make it ANY better than the ABC/ESPN Deal with the Big 10, tehy both show games of their respective conference to a national audience.

ABC/ESPN has deals with multiple conferences.

CBS has an exclusive with the SEC.

Just because CBS shows SEC exclusively, does not make it ANY better than the ABC/ESPN Deal with the Big 10, tehy both show games of their respective conference to a national audience.
It makes it better for the SEC, as the SEC will always be the #1 game on CBS, as where the Big 10 does not have that guarantee on ABC.

the B10 will almost always have 2 or 3 games on ESPN/ABC every week. I think thats better than 1 or 2 on CBS.

the B10 will almost always have 2 or 3 games on ESPN/ABC every week. I think thats better than 1 or 2 on CBS.
If you're counting ESPN, then CBS is part of that deal, along with most of the other major conferences.
I was counting OTA networks, where most people watch the games from, and are more lucrative contracts.