Buckeyes On Espnu????

But I STILL think the premier Conference is the SEC....and JUST behind is the Big Ten.

I agree. SEC is a powerhouse this year, but the Big Ten being just behind I don't think so. They really only have 2 great teams.

They really only have 2 great teams.

I agree to a certain extent...they have alot of decent teams....but, if they ONLY have 2 good teams, then why are they ranked so high...they play most games IN their conference...and the conference ain't THAT great...ssooo...why ranked so high...hhhmmm????

Oh please! The Big Ten has always been, and shall aways be, the de facto conference for college football exellence in this country. To believe anything else is foolish and nonsensical in my opinion.:rolleyes:

Plus, the Big Ten, in most cases, actually has acedemic standards and is focused on building character in their players. That's why Notre Dame would be a welcomed addition to the Big Ten conference.;)

The only direct play I can see between the conferences this year is Michigan's 27-7 defeat of Vanderbilt. Considering the fact OSU and Michigan are #1 and #2, and the Big Ten's 1-0 head-to-head record against the SEC, I just don't see the "powerhouse" thing previously mentioned..."prison house" perhaps, but certainly not powerhouse.:p

Oh please! The Big Ten has always been, and shall aways be, the de facto conference for college football exellence in this country. To believe anything else is foolish and nonsensical in my opinion.:rolleyes:

Plus, the Big Ten, in most cases, actually has acedemic standards and is focused on building character in their players. That's why Notre Dame would be a welcomed addition to the Big Ten conference.;)

The only direct play I can see between the conferences this year is Michigan's 27-7 defeat of Vanderbilt. Considering the fact OSU and Michigan are #1 and #2, and the Big Ten's 1-0 head-to-head record against the SEC, I just don't see the "powerhouse" thing previously mentioned..."prison house" perhaps, but certainly not powerhouse.:p

Vanderbilt? Yeah that's a really great team in the SEC to compare with the rest of the Conference. They have never and probably will never be a top team in the SEC. In the past 15 years there have been 4 SEC teams win the National Championship and only 2 Big Ten teams.

VANDERBILT??!! I can get AT LEAST 3 high school teams in Miami that can beat them!! Vandy has NEVER, EVER been known as football school.

I do agree with you when it comes to their standards. But let's really be honest here, college football is NO LONGER and has not been(for along time for that matter) about the student-athlete...college football is a transitional stage for pro football...and the golden goose for college presidents. EVERY major college sport has a playoff system....except division 1A college football....hell, even division 2 has playoffs...and THOSE presidents are happy with it.

And if you think Notre Dame is STUPID enough to give up the avalanche of cash they are getting for being an Independent...you are nuts!! They literally get an automatic bid to almost ANY bowl they want....and if they are within smelling distance of the BCS...they WILL get a bid.

Don't make TOO much fun about the SEC....Ohio State has not been much of an angel the last few years either. ALL SCHOOL cheat in one way or another...the good ones do NOT get caught. They may not be major violations....but they DO cheat.....damn..."cheat" is a strong word...how about 'circumvent' ???:rolleyes: ;)

Last edited:
Vanderbilt? Yeah that's a really great team in the SEC to compare with the rest of the Conference. They have never and probably will never be a top team in the SEC. In the past 15 years there have been 4 SEC teams win the National Championship and only 2 Big Ten teams.
That's only because they play in a weak conference. Florida, Alabama, Tennesseee, and LSU would be .600 teams if added to the Big Ten...just look at what happened to Penn State. Heck, LSU has one of Michigan State rejects who left because he couldn't complete in the Big Ten...and he's one of the SEC's best and brightest.:rolleyes:

VANDERBILT??!! I can get AT LEAST 3 high school team in Miami that can beat them!! Vandy has NEVER, EVER been known as football school.
They actually have a pretty good team this year, just not a football mentality. My comments about the SEC are being made tongue and cheek because it's almost impossible to make direct comparisons between the Big Ten and SEC (although it has been tried a billion times in the past) because they play so infrequently - a perfect example would be the Michigan vs. Vanderbilt game. What else is there to compare? Personally, I wish the BCS would go away and we return to the traditional Bowl games.

Last edited:
That's only because they play in a weak conference. Florida, Alabama, Tennesseee, and LSU would be .600 teams if added to the Big Ten...just look at what happened to Penn State. Heck, LSU has one of Michigan State rejects who left because he couldn't complete in the Big Ten...and he's one of the SEC's best and brightest.:rolleyes:

Your funny. :haha

They actually have a pretty good team this year, just not a football mentality. My comments about the SEC are being made tongue and cheek because it's almost impossible to make direct comparisons between the Big Ten and SEC (although it has been tried a billion times in the past) because they play so infrequently - a perfect example would be the Michigan vs. Vanderbilt game. What else is there to compare? Personally, I wish the BCS would go away and we return to the traditional Bowl games.

Oh yeah I know, nothing is taken peronally because I don't play.:D
Heck my favorite team is Kentucky. They should be National Champs and can beat anyone. LOL

I'm still old school...love conference play, and loved the traditional Bowl games. To me, I would rather see my team play in the Rose Bowl than in some Cheetos or Fuji Film BSC Bowl.

I love conference play and bowl games too...but you can incorporate that in a playoff without an issue.....but it will never happen because it is too good to be true.:(