Buckle up! L2.50 to spool for 522 and 625 on June 29

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chaddux

Insert Clever Phrase Here
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 19, 2004
DMA 114
From the Tech Portal, L2.50 will be a limited release to 522s and a widespread release to all 625s beginning tomorrow.

"Effective Wednesday, June 29th, Engineering will begin to spool the FIRST PHASE of software version L2.50 for the DP522 receiver."

"Effective Wednesday, June 29th, Engineering will begin to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L2.50 for the DP625 receiver."

The released date is, of course, subject to change.

I got the update to L250 but the only thing that i have noticed that is different is that the dish logo has color now. is there anything else i should be looking for?

lilexecutioner said:
I got the update to L250 but the only thing that i have noticed that is different is that the dish logo has color now.

It does?!?!?! Hot damn! Finally my dreams have come true.

Do you still have to press the remote buttion twice to get the box to turn on? I sure hope so, now that we have a color logo.

Wait, I thought the logo was alreay in color. What I really want is the end of the audio drops.

After turning on my 522 a few times, it seems they fixed the double button pushing problem. Though I am not all that great at counting to one.

New Features...

This week, I've noticed a few changes on my 522.

You can now delete individual entries from the Caller-ID list. :bow

Pushing the "Dish" button by mistake no longer yanks you away from what you're watching to load Dish Home, now it asks in a pop-up dialog box if you WANT to go to Dish Home. :clap

The DVR now crashes and goes into Hard Drive Diagnostics if you push "Done" from the Daily Schedule screen... or at least MINE does. :mad: Happened maybe ten times before I could remember to stop doing it. Just hit "Exit", no crash and reboot. :!:

EDIT: I forgot, there's also a "Delete" button in the dialog box that allows skipping and restoring, handy for shows you no longer want to catch. Easier than exiting and going into timer menu. :usa

Ver 2.50 allows me to edit my timers.
It also allows me to change the default for the start and end times of recordings. No longer stuck with default of starting one minute early and going 3 minutes late.

I've only watched a little, but audio dropouts on playback seem much less than before. It will take some time to see if that is a reality

Huh? You've always been able to edit your timers

Actually, no, on my 522 the edit function was always "unavailable" or greyed out (after NBR) until 2.50. The only way I could change a timer was to delete it and start over.

There is now a "TV Guide" logo on the guide display. I can die a happy man, now my life is complete.

I'm a new poster but I have been reading the boards here for a while now. I have a 522 and the only thing new that I have seen, is when I sort the list of recordings it stays sorted.

Pepper said:
There is now a "TV Guide" logo on the guide display. I can die a happy man, now my life is complete.

:D Me too! :D

Actually that was what made me look to see if there had been an upgrade.

Being able to edit timers without deleting them and starting over and no more of the 1 and 3 minute padding sounds good to me. Double the audio drops you know will accompany this doesn't.

"Pushing the "Dish" button by mistake no longer yanks you away from what you're watching to load Dish Home, now it asks in a pop-up dialog box if you WANT to go to Dish Home. "

They should do this on all receivers. Dish Home is annoying

RandallA said:
"Pushing the "Dish" button by mistake no longer yanks you away from what you're watching to load Dish Home, now it asks in a pop-up dialog box if you WANT to go to Dish Home. "

They should do this on all receivers. Dish Home is annoying

This feature has been around for a few versions now. It is NOT new to L2.50.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)