BUD Actuator Movement - Return Pulse

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

phpinfo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
USA
I am getting my FTA system dialed in and soon will look to get a VBox of Gbox to replace my analog receiver.

But with my current analog receiver, if I try to move a long span at once (like 99w to 123w) in the process of moving, I will get an Actuator Error - No Return Pulse. I will have to push the reset buttons on the back of the receiver, then start the movement once again.

Is this a receiver problem? Will I have any issues with the Vbox or Gbox when I get one?

It is hard to say if it is a receiver or actuator problem. the button that you push is it a breaker? for amp draw on the actuator.

what I would do is hook up a multi meter in line with the actuator motor wires an read you're amp draw. should be some where between 1 to 2amp draw, will spike on start up but then drop. this is a common problem with older motors of any kind, amp draw will go up an if goes high enough that is when the "smoke" will come out either out of the motor or power supply that runs a motor.

now on you're older c-band receiver some had either a breaker or fuse for actuator an some had them for lnb's too, but either way I would check it before installing a V or G box just to be on the safe side.

If you have access to an analog meter (with a moving coil movement) it will be easy to see by hooking it up on DC volts and watching it as it spans the arc. You should be able to see a series of "tics". It is difficult to see trends and movement with a digital meter, even those with a bar graph. If it drops out while moving it is the sensor, if not it is probably the reciever.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)