BUD C-Band LNB gone bad?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
New LNB didn't help at all

Hi everyone - Bad news for me, I got the new LNB's today and I swapped one out and its doing the very same thing that it did before with the old LNB. So I've changed the cable and LNB and it didn't fix anything so the only thing left is the 4DTV receiver must be bad.

I've never changed the battery either so I guess its a good time to get it all fixed.

Thanks for everyones ideas - Bow

I was kinda thinkin that was gonna be the case,but it was worth a shot.At least you have a spare lnb now.I don't know who you can send it to anymore but I do know DON'T send it to Glen.

Don't send it to Glen

Yeah I sure was hoping that it was the LNB. LOL

I hadn't been here for a while and hadn't heard about this Glen character or about Glentech that you mention but I found the thread in here. LOL Sounds like if I sent my 4DTV receiver to him I might not ever get it back.

There is a place here locally for me (they had a BUD and Dishnet business office years ago but it closed) but they still have a website so I'm going to call them as their website looks like it is being kept up and they work on C-Band, maybe they are still working out of their basement or garage.

Thanks for all your help. - Bow

I have to offer this. I read the thread and the OP mentioned that he had tried adjusting the skew and bumping the dish. However he never mentioned that, while trying to adjust the skew, if he verified that the probe in the feedhorn was, in fact, moving. I only offer this as one more thing to check because his servo, or possibly the polrr rotor may be broken. If that is not the case then i think that all bases have been covered.

Thanks Mauiguy - I have had that servo go bad a couple times before over the years and that was one of the first things I looked at. It skew adjusts just fine and it doesn't skip channels like they do when the servo locks up, the problem I have is the DC light constantly blinks and the Quality reading cycles up and down constantly between 1 - 90's (it will not lock onto a channel).

But some days it works pretty good so its likely I have some capacitors going bad that are drifting.

Thanks for your idea though, I wish that servo was the problem, believe me. LOL $25 for a servo versus probably $300+ bucks.

Thanks Mauiguy - I have had that servo go bad a couple times before over the years and that was one of the first things I looked at. It skew adjusts just fine and it doesn't skip channels like they do when the servo locks up, the problem I have is the DC light constantly blinks and the Quality reading cycles up and down constantly between 1 - 90's (it will not lock onto a channel).

But some days it works pretty good so its likely I have some capacitors going bad that are drifting.

Thanks for your idea though, I wish that servo was the problem, believe me. LOL $25 for a servo versus probably $300+ bucks.

Hopefully your dish will work again; you own a robot, however still; the sw is outside! The aiming of the dish is critical! Setting lnbf is a single perfect alignment, requires exactness never to move, as well as correct receiver entries as your continued entry into big dishes exterior maintenance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)