Bud/ dish hunting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

C64C64!!

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
This is the Dish i was talking about in my viacast post. 2 Screens are broken in half and the lnb is missing the cap. Think i could do something with this. Becase this dish is about to grow some legs :) !!

Attachments

• Image046.jpg
    Image046.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 283
  • Image046detal.JPG
    Image046detal.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 283
  • Image045another.jpg
    Image045another.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 218
I wonder if the panels are on the ground next to the dish?
If not then alum screen will do.

Looks like it time to rent a U-Haul and move it :D
Do talk to the owners. I bet they want it removed anyways. Well at least the miss does I bet ;)

Good luck and keep us posted.
C64C64!! said:
This is the Dish i was talking about in my viacast post. 2 Screens are broken in half and the lnb is missing the cap. Think i could do something with this. Becase this dish is about to grow some legs :) !!

The city bought the land. The home was burned down by the fire department years ago.
I am going to call the farmer that is renting the land and maybee get a hold of a city person. The city I think is eventualy going to make a sub-divition out of it or something. They where going to make a socker fild out of it but got some more land and made one. It's been years since the city bought it. Second look at the dish, the panel on the gears for the motor is missing, and 4 pannels in all are recked. This thing is massive must be 10 feet across or more! :shocked
I think i could atleast use it for parts or repare it. Mesh is ¼in.:no

I think a remesh would be more trouble than its worth if you have a choice of anymore dishes.
You ought to get yourself over to my in-laws, you can't go half a mile without seeing a house with a big c-band dish along with Dishnetwork pans, it's a shame to let them fall apart.

I agree and disagree. From someone who has fix up a C band dish or too it's not too bad. Alum screen, stainless wire and some time and ambition can get you a working dish.

So if you have the time and ambition grab it. If not Cascade idea will save you time in the end.

Good luck :D

Cascade said:
I think a remesh would be more trouble than its worth if you have a choice of anymore dishes.
You ought to get yourself over to my in-laws, you can't go half a mile without seeing a house with a big c-band dish along with Dishnetwork pans, it's a shame to let them fall apart.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)