BUD maintenance

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

st_moose

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2004
Have not had time in awhile for this hobby until now :(

I am at 39 *45' x 94*50, my south is G3C

I have checked all my angles on the BUD (polar axis 40.21, declination angle 5.51 and apex elevation 44.29), which appear correct.

There are no analog signals on G3C :( but I get 45% signal strength to my Pansat 2100A. (I have a Coolsat 6000 which will be put into the loop once I get this working again :)

Scan the digital side from The List and get nothing :(

I am thinking bad LNB?

I noticed tonight that there is a light on the Ku LNB, does this indicate signal or power? I am guessing power, which might mean that the Ku LNB is good and possibly the C LNB is bad? Of course if that is the issue I may need to fine tune Ku?

Any other things to check?

did you turn the bud on the pole, until finding signal? is the skew correct? focal point on the lnb?

45% on level or quality? level should be 75% or higher always, if level is lower you have bad cable or lnb. Quality is the actual satellite signal level.

I noticed tonight that there is a light on the Ku LNB, does this indicate signal or power? I am guessing power, which might mean that the Ku LNB is good and possibly the C LNB is bad? Of course if that is the issue I may need to fine tune Ku?

Cover the feed with your hand. If the light goes out, it is signal strength. If the light stays on, it is power. Sony used to make a DTV dish that had an LED on it. When connected to a receiver, the LED would light when the dish was pointed at a satellite (nice feature for the installer).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)