BUD project

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

superslug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
Trenton,MO
I have 7.5 ft power house bud dish. How do you set the focus point on the scalar? What is the numbers for that is located on lnb? What is the formula to set the scalar? Thanks for all the help...

You need to be more specific as to what kind of components you have. Post pictures of your rig, back and front. Try to get the exact make and model of your lnb to us.

SANY0077.JPGSANY0079.JPG

So, what does the numbers mean? The lnbf did not come with manual.

F/D ratio Focal length/dish Diameter Calculated number is set to the rear face of the scalar. Grooved side of scalar faces the dish. Calculated focal length should fall approximately 1/4 inch inside the feeds throat. After it's locked onto a satellite, the focal length can be adjusted, for peak Q indication, by moving the feed in the scalar. This will change the F'D setting, but if it's not excessive, It shouldn't cause problems.

FYI that DMX 741 "might" fit the scaler ring mounted on the dish now so check that before you change out those rings. Also check to see if the existing LNB has numbers on the housing and note where it is/was set before you remove it. I mounted two of those LNBFs in Chaparal scaler rings and they work fine. I did take a flat file and file the numbers off the LNBF housing though as they made the fit a little snug.

The picture of your lnb won't load on either of my computers.

The numbers on lnbs are usually not hard and fast. They are meant to be a guide to you . The lnb adjustments that matter are for focal length - closer and further away from the dish surface - and skew - turning the lnb in the scalar hole.

There is no way we can tell you "set it on number 3" . Those adjustments will be specific to your setup.

Generally, when the dish is at zenith, the wire receptors in there should be a "+" (plus sign) with the receptors being exactly horizontal and vertical. As far as focal length, a common starting point is having the lnb protrude out of the scalar toward the dish about 1/4 inch. But these are not exact and are meant only as a starting point for further adjustment.

The picture of your lnb won't load on either of my computers.

The picture loads OK on my PC but the problem is he didn't use a program to resize it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts