BUD revival & questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grampaD

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
I completed the first part of my dish repair/replacement with the addition of a bsc 621 lnbf to my 10.5' Cosmos dish. After testing for the last 3 weeks I have become a fan of this lnbf as I am getting Q of 95-99 on C-band and 79-84 on KU-band. I am limited to a range from 83W to 135W due to trees but for my purposes this will do. When setting up the lnbf I pulled the unit back in the scalar ring so only 1/4 " protrudes beyond the ring, before I did that there was only C-band coming in. As far as centering the focal point, it was done by eye and after several tries KU-band came in also. I started the install with my Traxis 3500 because of the low signal threshold and audio tone for peaking and it worked great . I then switched over to my Coolsat 5000 and have been using this setup ever since. I haven't been able to hook up my DSR920 to it as everyone else is watching it most of the time, but I am looking forward to seeing how the Q numbers compare.
My dish has a Saganaw Performance Pak 24" actuator arm and it is around 23 years old , the brushes in the motor are shot and I have no local access to find any. Does anyone know the make of motor on this unit, and where I can purchase brushes on line? I hate to scrap it for such an inexpensive fix. Also, does the sensor need to be replaced to work properly with the DSR920? I am assuming that the one in it was fine on my C-band receiver years ago but isn't fine enough in positioning for the KU signals. It's sensor looks like a micro switch mated to a 4 lobe cam.
Thanks for any & all replies.

great tip Harold
I would agree most electric shops should be able to replace the brushes :)

several of our sponsors even older ones also stocked the new pushers so if you just wanted to swap the whole actuator.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)