Buggy Motorola Boxes - Reports/Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

garlandtxuser

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Garland, Texas
I wanted to start a thread for everyone to start to report the problems that they experience with the cheap motorola boxes that Verizon uses. I will start with one most fraustrating story and others can add on. I noticed that one other user had a widget problem.

My Story:

I set up a couple of weeks recordings of my normal shows for when I went on vacation. Upon return, having about 82% full spaceof shows, I started to watch some of the recordings. During the recordings I noticed that the show would skip frequently. Knowing that the first thing Verizon has you do is reboot the bot, I did that. Upon boot I got a message that I was not subscribed to DVR and needed to call VZ. I called and the tech informed me that he needed to re-initialize the box and that I would loose all future recordings but everything that was already recorded would be saved. Well, HE LIED. I lost every show that I recordrd for the past 2 weeks. EVERYTHING. I called back. Their answer: "Were sorry". that's it, they are sorry. I missed out on all the TV that I paid for during the last two weeks, some shows which probably not show again for a year or so and they are sorry.

Yes, they are sorry. Sorry boxes, sorry customer service, sorry peices of , well we wont go there.

Am I mad, hell yes. I have had to replace both DVR's at least once for ad hard disks, loosing all of my recordings. I have have to reboot boxes that lock up, missing shows in the process, and I have had to take time from work to be home when they do bring out a new box, because only the buck toothed morons that they send know how to plug in these stupid devices.

As all know, I have been critical of VZ but always spoken in fond terms and always recommended the service to others. I can no lnoger do so in good faith. I wil not recommend this service to anyone else until they get these problems fixed. I expect these devices to perform at least as well as their worst competitor but at this time they are so far at the bottom that even the second worse is miles ahead.

Here is my standard recommendation moving forward. Don't get Fios TV unless you don't mind being Verizons test dummy. The PQ is great but only when you get to watch it. This service is not ready for prime time and it is not worth what they are charging for it. Sorry Verizon. I ask one month trouble free service to change my mind and recommendation. Until then, my recommendation to stay away will remain.

Here is my standard recommendation moving forward. Don't get Fios TV unless you don't mind being Verizons test dummy. The PQ is great but only when you get to watch it. This service is not ready for prime time and it is not worth what they are charging for it. Sorry Verizon. I ask one month trouble free service to change my mind and recommendation. Until then, my recommendation to stay away will remain.

OK, my recommendation stands. I didn't have to wait even 1 week for another problem to occure. I am again getting the no DVR license message. VZ is wasting my personal time, again, to send a tech to my home to plug in a new box. :mad:

One can only assume that we are not smart enough to plug the box in ourselves so they send a minimum wage yahoo out to do it for us. Hopefully this one wont be walking around the house with his butt crack showing like the last guy.:no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)