Bunch of BS

Let me just do this. I have a Dish 500 and a 322 dual tuner. I want to add a 811 to get my HD channels. Forget the Voom.

So what do I need to set this up? The 811 and what else?

Also can I have 3 separate tvs on a dish 500?

Thanks.

811 and Dish 500 Yes... depends on the Lnb on your 500/and or switch inline... the 5000 is the first hd Receiver from E*... it is obsolete , 6000 will get and is stable but will drive you crazy with guide and Ota issues if left on Ota when you turn off receiver.

How can I tell what the LNB setup is on my 500? Also where is the switch inline? Also is the 6000 on par with the 811/942?

Thanks.

TJ22 said:
How can I tell what the LNB setup is on my 500? Also where is the switch inline? Also is the 6000 on par with the 811/942?

Thanks.
You can tell what LNB you have using Check Switch (Menu>6>1>1). You may have a switch internal to the LNB. Can't say about the 6000, I have 2 811's and 2 311's, both do the job.

Since you are a DHA customer, you would have to pay 198 for the 811 as an upgrade fee, find out what LNB you have, if you have enough outputs, just rewire your system

Dish Dude said:
Since you are a DHA customer, you would have to pay 198 for the 811 as an upgrade fee, find out what LNB you have, if you have enough outputs, just rewire your system

Really, I was lucky then because I got my 811 for nothing. Just sent back a 311 and they send a tech. to swap it for a 811.

They initially wanted $99.00 to come and exchange it but they had screwed up my acct. and it took like an hour for the call. She then came back and said the exchange was gonna be free. :D

TJ22 said:
I call up dish network tonight to upgrade to HD service, thinking this should be painless. If getting ripped off is painless, it sure was. Here is the lowdown.

1) To get the channels I want it is $15/month - which is fine.
2) To get the receiver I need, I have to sign up for 2 more years..hmmm.
3) I have to pay....$198....WHAT?

So if I am new I can get all this for basically free, if I want it now I get the shaft.

$20 a month cancellation fee...I may have to do it.

Is there anyone else in a similar boat with a solution?

Is there anyway to avoid the cancellation fee?

Thanks in advance.

are you curr in a commitment?if so, i believe you have to fulfill that contract first bfore you can do a new promo. i was told i had to pay $99-and i've been a dish sub since 2003.

dish diva

are you in a curr commitment? if so, you'll have to fulfill that contract first or dish will get you in another contract. i've been a dish sub since 2003 and for me to get an 811 , i had to pay $50---but i now am leasing that rcvr. :no

Once I have finished my commitment or if I cancel and have to pay $120 to cancel, is the equipment mine to keep? In other words if I cancel and tear down the dish can I sell that stuff on ebay to help releave the $120 blow?

Thanks.

Ok here is my setup:

Dish 500 DP: 3 coaxes: "1", "2" & "LNB IN"

The is only 1 cable running from "1" to my basement where there is PVDP-2 diplexer.

This runs a 322 dual tuner which runs my livingroom and bedroom TVs.

Can I run another tuner from that 811 on "2" and what is the LNB in for? Do I need other switches or can I run "2" straight to my 811?

Thanks.

Welcome to the sight Dish Diva :) TJ22 - When you origanaly signed up was it under DHP??? If so the equipments not yours.. IIt sounds like your running a DPP twin... there should be only one line going into your 322 with a seperator on the back of the reciver.. then a 2nd line going to the 2nd tv location (aka the diplexor, that makes all of it go back into one line) ... then the 2nd line should run to the 811 directly.. the LNB In port is for a 3rd orbital location.

So yes you can run that 811 off of the number 2 port on the lnbf.. You shouldnt need anymore switches.. :) Hope this helps....

If I were you, I would ask them again, and if they refuse, then tell them you are switching to DirectTV, and hang up fast. There's a good chance they will call you back with a good offer. Well, it's works with Pizza :D

whicky1978 said:
If I were you, I would ask them again, and if they refuse, then tell them you are switching to DirectTV, and hang up fast. There's a good chance they will call you back with a good offer. Well, it's works with Pizza :D

I wish. I just placed my order to cancel my dishnet. I told them I was switching to Comcast 'cuz they can give me hi def with a DVR. All they said was "sorry", we're not offering our hi-def DVRs to existing subscribers at this time. And they promptly took my order to cancel. :no

Wog1970 said:
I wish. I just placed my order to cancel my dishnet. I told them I was switching to Comcast 'cuz they can give me hi def with a DVR. All they said was "sorry", we're not offering our hi-def DVRs to existing subscribers at this time. And they promptly took my order to cancel. :no

When they lose enough customers, they will change thier mind, but it will be too late. :smug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)