BUNCH of questions before I proceed to modify my Dish subscription/equipment. Help?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I got that notice when I first switched to the Flex Pack. It was well past 30 days since I had made my last change, and I was never charged the $5 then or any time subsequently switching out add-ons.

I believe to get the $5 Autopay discount you have to speak to a CSR or DIRT.

So I chatted:

chatEndUserMessage.png
Me: $5 Autopay discount with the Flex Pack?
chatAgent.png
Johanson Tan: Hi, I'm Johanson Tan. Thanks for contacting DISH.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Me: I'm currently on the Flex Pack. How do I take advantage of the Autopay discount?
chatAgent.png
Johanson Tan: I can definitely help you out on this
chatAgent.png
Johanson Tan: Please give me a moment to check this issue for you further
chatAgent.png
Johanson Tan: Thank you for your patience.

chatAgent.png
Johanson Tan: Upon checking here currently your account is getting this $5 discount on your bill.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Me: So it won''t show on the website, but will on my next bill?
chatAgent.png
Johanson Tan: Correct
chatEndUserMessage.png
Me: ok, thank you. bye
chatAlert.png
You have disconnected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaze
Got my first "flex" oriented bill today. Credit was on there. Yes, did not show on line. So, I don't worry about that

Reactions: Gaze
14. In order to receive NFL Network, will I have to be subscribed to AT200 or higher? Also, is there any way to add NFL Network only during football season?

* I may be wrong, but I thought I remember that when NFL Network contract was renewed, it was added to the National Pack? Someone else will have to verify.

Woohoo! I can confirm this information is true.

Hold the phone. I believe NFL Network is in free preview at the moment.

So, no confirmation yet.

Forgive the piecemeal responses. Hope others can fill in the gaps.

5. Is there any downside to buying my own Hopper3 (off eBay or other)? Won’t that save me money in the long run, or am I missing something?

* No, there is no money savings in buying. Just the opposite (added upfront purchase cost). Monthly fees are the same whether buying or leasing. You might be locked into a new 2-year contract on a lease upgrade, however.

Never have been able to understand this. It costs them something like $800 to acquire a customer. The hopper is probably something like $200.
Why tie up your money in long term assets if the customer will do it for you?
If I were the Cajuna and wanted "sticky" retention, I would encourage buying boxes and give a credit of something like $1 per month.
Once they have the box, they are going to think hard about changing providers.
A low enough number that you still made the same or more money as compared to the leased boxes over a couple of years.

Reactions: stardust3
Never have been able to understand this. It costs them something like $800 to acquire a customer. The hopper is probably something like $200.
If I were the Cajuna and wanted "sticky" retention, I would encourage buying boxes and give a credit of something like $1 per month.
A low enough number that you still made the same or more money as compared to the leased boxes over a couple of years.
For your answer you need to consult a tax accountant concerning depreciation of assets and Federal Taxes..

I think if you buy, you shouldn't be charged DVR fees or mirror fees.

Reactions: pattykay
Because at least 90% of the their customers won't! No Upside. Why go out of pocket when you don't have to? I've been going through that scenario as I am getting ready to move to a new new home and will need some new equipment. MORE out of pocket we don't need now. Lease works for me.

OK I have some questions too, and one answer
At least for me, Flex pack w/o the $10 locals (on my vip722) still had the programming guide for the locals!

OK now to my questions:
as stated I still have a 722, it fills my needs, I can watch #2 anywhere in the house, record 4 shows at a time (2 sat 2 local); but it has recently started acting up, random reboots, etc. I've been a Dish customer for many years, out of contract obviously, not paying the monthly 'insurance' fee.

Should I contact dish about an upgrade to a hopper & wireless joey? Think it'd be free/near free, maybe just an instalation fee? (I could probably DIY unless I need new outside hardware.)
Can I still modulate the output of either the hopper and/or joey to watch on my other TV's? (I know it's the same show, but is it possible? will it output both hdmi & rca at the same time)

Any other benefits/drawbacks to upgrading?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)