Bundling Tipping point has been reached?

LOL! You are a hoot to read!

I could sub to T120, T200, T250 and STILL WATCH the same channels I watch in the Flex Pack and not a single one of those in the other packs. Of course I'd be getting a per channel cost much lower, but who cares? I'm more concerned about what the check size will be at the end of the month. You of course are welcome to watch 5 channels and pay for 250, Charlie will love you for it, I'll think you're being blinded by the total channel count. IMO, I get the effective channels for much less than you are paying to have all those channels you don't watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I guess if I was that worried about $10-20 a month, I would drop my Hopper and get a 211.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I guess if I was that worried about $10-20 a month, I would drop my Hopper and get a 211.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

It isn't just the $10 I save with Dish, I look for things like that in everything I do. Those little $10 bills start adding up.

But as I said, you are free to spend as much as you want on things you don't use... :)

We all get it -you want the price to be less than it costs DISH to provide service. In my opinion you are unrealistic to want DISH service, online would be a much better choice for you. No DVR to worry about, just buy the service(s) you want and go to where the program is you want.
I'm not the one demanding a lower price.
I'm fine paying $90 for a base package that's worth every penny.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: peggy97850
It isn't just the $10 I save with Dish, I look for things like that in everything I do. Those little $10 bills start adding up.

But as I said, you are free to spend as much as you want on things you don't use... :)

And about 50% of those Flex pack channels are of no use to me.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

It's doesn't mean Flex pack is "The Turning Point"
People just want what they are paying for.
No other BS.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
exactly, why should we pay for a pkg of channels with sports & kids programming we never watch? Doesn't work for my neighbors who live for sports but for me it's ideal - finally got what I've been asking for.

exactly, why should we pay for a pkg of channels with sports & kids programming we never watch? Doesn't work for my neighbors who live for sports but for me it's ideal - finally got what I've been asking for.
Well no matter what you are still paying for channels you don't want.

I already see at least 1 channel in every add on Flex pack from my list of Must have, and many I don't even see at all.
So again, I'll still be paying for more channels I don't watch VS channels I will watch.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I am sure paying a lot less now ,than I did when I had to pay for Sports, RSN, Kiddie channels, Heartland pack with Oprah channel. I no longer get XM ,but I have it in both of my cars and that is where I actually listen to it. Never listened to the Cd or Audio channels ,except for the Christmas ones on Christmas itself ,while opening presents only. But it is nice to know that if I wanted to pay more , I have that option and can go with the top programming packs. It is nice that I now have the options and choices that I never had before. DISH has finally done something that was badly needed in the market: ala cart packs similar to what Canada used to have. Now if we can just get to full on Ala cart like Canada has now , we might finally be able to pay only for what we want.:clapping

I'm not the one demanding a lower price.
I'm fine paying $90 for a base package that's worth every penny.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
If you've decided you're happy with what you've got why are you still posting in this thread? We get it, you don't think it's a good deal, that's fine so maybe it's time to move on and stop trying to convince others that in their circumstances saving money is a bad idea.

If you've decided you're happy with what you've got why are you still posting in this thread? We get it, you don't think it's a good deal, that's fine so maybe it's time to move on and stop trying to convince others that in their circumstances saving money is a bad idea.
It's hard to troll when stuff makes sense....

Then the same could be said the other way around. No?

Stop trying to convince people that the Flex pack is going to magically rake in subscribers and turn this downward trend around.
It's a waste of time and effort.

Dish should be working in a completely different area.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

It's hard to troll when stuff makes sense....
Problem is it doesn't make sense to change something that isn't flawed to begin with.
The reason your company is taking a hit has nothing to do with your Packages and prices.

It's has to do with the business practices.

And Troll? always gotta go there right?
Not surprising that's used as a last defense like always.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Then the same could be said the other way around. No?

Stop trying to convince people that the Flex pack is going to magically rake in subscribers and turn this downward trend around.
It's a waste of time and effort.

Dish should be working in a completely different area.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I'm curious, what do you suggest that DISH do to fix their downward trend? Make your points one by one and be specific so we can see if we agree or not.

Problem is it doesn't make sense to change something that isn't flawed to begin with.
The reason your company is taking a hit has nothing to do with your Packages and prices.

It's has to do with the business practices.

And Troll? always gotta go there right?
Not surprising that's used as a last defense like always.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
When you troll as much h as you, it's not a personal dig but an observation.

I'm curious, what do you suggest that DISH do to fix their downward trend? Make your points one by one and be specific so we can see if we agree or not.
Channel stability ...(self explanatory )
They can do what they have to in a more professional timely manner.

ADVERTISING is so pathetic with Dish, I mean seriously I see more Comcast,and Directv commercials, If I had a 16 Tuner DVR that had a larger recording capacity, I would take the positive profit growth and everyone and their mother would know what my equipment could do and they wouldn't have to be a Current Dish subscriber looking at the Hopper3 channel.

I definitely wouldn't add channels to lower base packages, but in turn make them unavailable in the Top packages, unless you want to pay basically the same payment as adding another premium movie pack for what could be one 1 channel.

Anything that's available in the under the Top 250 pack should be IN the top 250 pack. No excuses.
Especially when you know your going raise the price anyway.

I wouldn't charge customers a penny for a service call under the protection plan unless your equipment is owned.
I also wouldn't charge a customer shipping to return his Dish Owned boxes.

I would next throw the NY market a Bone, and not the shaft.
I would atleast throw them YES and SNY since Dish blocked the entire DMA of any baseball . Especially since WPIX is not settled.
Even if it was spotbeam local only.
Implement the RSN fee, Atleast customers know what's involved.
It didn't make Directv customers turn and run to Dish.

But Prices, Your already cheaper and have a minimum of 10 different Basepackages and Sling TV.

Besides the usual Here in "AWE" do you really think the Flex pack is any different then before?

Dish picks the channels, and the packs, You pay for what you need.

And I certainly wouldn't add a fee to that (first room receiver fee).
I'm hoping that's reserved for the Flex pack customers only.

Last but not least, let's add HD channels, Not SD.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Can't really argue with any of those suggestions, but DISH is run/owned by Charlie Ergen and he is pretty much a loner and trend setter in the way he runs his company. He doesn't care if he loses subs over lost channels like Locals who ask for too much. I have to agree with him that if the companies continue to ask for unreasonable price hikes for carriage then bye bye. You have to be willing to stand up for something or you will fall for anything.

As for the channels in the lower packs not being available in higher programming packs like top 250, I have already floated a theory on that one. They might release the new channels into the top programming packs by this Thursday August 4th,. IF not , then possibly the top programming packs ,like the DISH AMERICA HD only packs like gold & silver - that are no longer available to new subs and are grandfathered for those who already have them, are now going to be the same way. Meaning that the only way to get the newest channels is to go with the Flex pack and the add on packs if you want them. Maybe to encourage all new subs into the ala cart packs, so they can pay only for what they want to and encourage less churn. Subs who feel that they are only paying for what they want are surely more happy than subs ,who feel that they are paying for hundreds of channels and only watching 10. With time possibly the rest of the channels that aren't already in the add on packs or Flex pack, will be added as their channel contracts are up for negotiation.

Ad for HD only , I agree 100%. It is way past time that SD channels are gone. You have some good ideas and believe me that DISH reads this web board and looks at our ideas and sometimes uses them. The idea for HD for Life was one of my ideas floated a lot before it became an actual reality.Could be a coincidence but the timing was close. So is the idea of these ala cart packs . I have been posting this idea for a long time since I read the Canadian system used it at one time. WE all posted about the anger we felt for them using out sourced foreign csrs at their call centers and they changed some of that. Now if they would only take my idea for reducing their heavy FEE structure and additional receiver fees , I would be very happy. But keep posting your ideas ,because if they have merit ,don't be surprised if DISH suddenly implements your ideas some day.:D

IF not , then possibly the top programming packs ,like the DISH AMERICA HD only packs like gold & silver - that are no longer available to new subs and are grandfathered for those who already have them, are now going to be the same way.
I definitely do NOT see that happening, making the AT packages "grandfathered" and FlexPack being the "new standard." That would deflate their ARPU significantly. They don't want to do that. The FlexPack will be around for those that want it and it will be interesting to see if it is even marketed to new customers as a qualifying programming package for new promotions. I highly doubt that the AT packages will go to any type of grandfather status, simply for that one reason, keeping the ARPU up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts