Bundling Tipping point has been reached?

They are already on it, of course their zone 10 ends a half mile or so from my lake house :(

https://register.lrecok.net/campaigns/lake-region-technology-communications

A New Necessity, Fiber-to-the-Home

In the 1930s, rural America had been left in the dark as electricity made its way across the country. Electricity had become a modern necessity, and big cities enjoyed the opportunities this emerging technology brought. But rural folks had to do without.

Into the gap stepped the hardworking men and women of rural America who formed electric cooperatives to bring power to areas that had been overlooked. In our part of Oklahoma, they formed Lake Region Electric Cooperative.

In the 21st century, a new technology is emerging: Broadband Internet. This new technology is transforming lives and bringing economic development to the areas that adopt it. Once again, we have been left behind. Your cooperative must step up to the plate and do what others won't do.

Lake Region Electric Cooperative (LREC) is implementing a fiber-based communication system across our electric grid. With this investment, we are able to provide fiber-to-the-home internet service through Lake Region Technology and Communications, a subsidiary of LREC. You will enjoy access to blazing high-speed internet, crystal-clear HD television and unlimited local and long distance home phone.
That sounds great. I wish that my coop (Tombigbee Electric) could do that. Unfortunately it is quite small, it has a service area similar to Lake Region, but with only about 7,500 customers. I doubt they could (without major grants) do a fiber buildout such as that. I might send them an email and see if they have ever considered doing anything like that.

I can understand bundling on cars. Mass production is cheaper when there are limited configuration options. If you want leather interior or sunroof, or navi system, you need to get them all. I'm sure the option groups are chosen based on most common requested/purchased consumer choices.

Bundling channels owned by the same company is nothing more than extortion, because they can.

I can understand bundling on cars. Mass production is cheaper when there are limited configuration options. If you want leather interior or sunroof, or navi system, you need to get them all. I'm sure the option groups are chosen based on most common requested/purchased consumer choices.

Bundling channels owned by the same company is nothing more than extortion, because they can.
Same with carmakers.