Burning .trp files from Diamond 9000HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpiffWilkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Memphis, TN
Has anyone found a good method to burn these files to DVD? I was looking for some free solutions but couldn't find anything that I really liked. Auto Gordian Knot was o.k. but it took a rather long time.
I am using the trial version of ConvertXtoDVD and it seems to work very well. I get good conversion times and the video quality seems to be excellent. It is $50, but if I can't find anything else easy and semi-fast I might stick with it.

Well, the question is, "burn them to DVD", but in what format , and to play under what conditions?

If you just want to be able to play 'em with VLC or something , that's one thing.

If you want a DivX DVD player to be able to play 'em (some will handle many strange formats), that's an intermediate solution.

If you want a simple DVD player to play 'em back, that's the worst condition.
AND, $50 is a cheap solution.

Plus, didn't we discuss this a while back ???

I'll have to search for a thread on this. I was referring to regular dvd playback. Divx is good, since my dvd player can play that from a USB hard drive, but I want to be able to play these on the car dvd player for the kids. If my girls could watch Wordgirl on long trips, I would be their hero (they have low expectations ;) )

Thanks,
Steve

The easy solution is a lot of CPU power and ConverXtoDVD.
I use it for some stuff, and it's great!
Like down-converting 720p and other HiDef material into a DVD that others can play.

I recently did a whole set of three 1-hour 720p shows into one DVD.
It took about two hours per disc, including the burn at the end.
The hotter the computer, the faster the drive (and using different drives for source & destination) will all help.
A slow external USB source drive ran those times up into the 3 hour range.
(cpu: 2 Ghz Core2Duo, 2mhz cache. runs about 50-60% load while crunching)

I think that's the way I'm going to go. I tried the trial version and the quality is great on the burns. I found a coupon code for $10 off, so $40 for that software seems great. It doesn't have any fancy editing features, but it is very easy to use.

Note: I'm not affiliated in any way with the makers of said software :) I just happened across it at videohelp.com and it has proved very useful.

I'm not affiliated with ConvertX, either.
But it's surprisingly easy to get good results.
It's just a little more complicated to get started with, but it works great!

Come to think of is, I also have paid for WinAVI, but use it more as a format converter, not to output finished DVDs.

For editing, if I can get it into VideoReDo, that's my tool of choice.
The company is currently in Alpha tests for a version that'll do the more recent video formats.
My affiliation with them is as a $40 investor - :cool: - , and a volunteer moderator. :D
But if it sux, I will say so. - :rant:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts