BUT WILL IT WORK?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
tough alignment

I was thinking about your trouble zeroing in on the 123° bird with the oval DTV International dish.
It's possible the 125° bird is causing interference that dish's beamwidth just can't suppress.
That would certainly cause you grief.
- I wonder if it's as touchy adjusting the International dish to say 97° or 101°?
- I wonder if a bigger dish would tune up on 123° much easier? Probably.
- So, you really gave the orphanage the 123° bird, eh? :cool:

Here we go. Front and rear views by Mr. MexSunny, of a DirecTV 1m dish.
Note his StarChoice, and DirecWay dishes, too.
Zoom in for a better view.
They are all of the molded variety.

a bit more food for though:

In his recent post, Techno uses that DirecTV International dish you seem to love to hate...
... and gets 123° + 129° for Whitesprings.
Not sure that's necessarily a useful thing for the orphanages (but it could be). :rolleyes:
You could use an inexpensive 22khz or diseqc switch out by the LNBs, and still have only one coax running back to the receiver.
For a dedicated bullet-proof system, I might lean toward the 22khz switch.

But, that idea got me to thinking.
Wonder if your long-neck DirecWay dish could get: 123°, 125°, & 129°?
So, that would be 125° down the bore sight of the dish...
... 123° on the west of center...
... and 129° LNB on the east side of centerline. (the least critical LNB)

Or if we were to rework the LNB holder, then maybe something more like:
- 123° just west of centerline
- 125° just east of centerline
- 129° well eastward, over in the weeds. :cool:

You and I, being on the west coast (under the birds) and fairly far south (makes the birds appear farther apart) might get away with such a lash-up.
That would call for a 4x1 diseqc switch to select between the three LNBs. Or some other solution.

°

I was thinking about your trouble zeroing in on the 123° bird with the oval DTV International dish.
It's possible the 125° bird is causing interference that dish's beamwidth just can't suppress.
That would certainly cause you grief.
- I wonder if it's as touchy adjusting the International dish to say 97° or 101°?
- I wonder if a bigger dish would tune up on 123° much easier? Probably.
- So, you really gave the orphanage the 123° bird, eh? :cool:

Here we go. Front and rear views by Mr. MexSunny, of a DirecTV 1m dish.
Note his StarChoice, and DirecWay dishes, too.
Zoom in for a better view.
They are all of the molded variety.

Anole;
I see Santa Lizard has returned to the north pole..............:D

I had a modified Superdish on 123 before 125 was lit up, worked fine. When 125 went live, I got a lot of inteference and switched to a bigger dish (old DTN)
for each of those birds. When the weather warms a tad (-31 last night) I'm going to try the spacing you suggested to me earlier for multiple sats. You may be able to get 123 on a smaller dish, but I think it will give you fits trying to dial it in.

Last edited:
Anole;
I see Santa Lizard has returned to the north pole..............:D
Yea, the black stripe across the eye and snout, as well as the raised frill on the back of the neck, and hunched back, indicate this guy's in a fightin' mood! :cool:
He'd tear your finger off ... if he could get hold of it. He's only about finger-size. :D
Cadsulfide said:
I had a modified Superdish on 123 before 125 was lit up, worked fine.
When 125 went live, I got a lot of inteference and switched to a bigger dish (old DTN)
for each of those birds.
When the weather warms a tad (-31 last night) I'm going to try the spacing you suggested to me earlier for multiple sats.
You may be able to get 123 on a smaller dish, but I think it will give you fits trying to dial it in.
Yea, powering up 125° , plus the Equity troubles, really gave 123° a black eye.
We'll see if this DirecWay dish can manage both birds.
Its long focal length lets you have more space between LNBs, for a given satellite spacing.
That should translate to slightly easier adjustment than with the International dish.

Of course, Whitesprings at 4° away from 125° is a no-brainer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)