Buy a cheapo Lnb?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I got mine in the mail yesterday...nice LNB just one issue

Sadoun lists it as a 40mm LNB...I knew from opening the box it wasn't. I want to say its a 50mm LNB so it wont fit on any standard LNB holder :(
looks identical to the old Starchoice flashlight LNB's

Unless I'm doing something wrong (highly doubt it). I tried to set it on a T90 holder and it wont fit
I got mine yesterday, same problem IT IS 50mm. I PM'ed Sadoun - I haven't heard back. Won't fit my dishes.
Bob

Talk to Brian at Satellite AV.
He has the Geosat pro Bullet LNBF's for $20.00 still I think.
I have 2 of them and they work great.
True price for the standards, but the Universals are on sale now at SatAV, along with other things.
(I got a couple of multi-LNB brackets, too)
And his shipping is much more attractive than IvyStonePlace on that $6.95 LNB.

As for the 50mm LNBs, I know Iceberg and QWERT have a hose clamp , some tie wraps, a hand-carved block, or a conduit hanger that'll do a fine job.
Don't worry 'bout those guys!

As for the 50mm LNBs, I know Iceberg and QWERT have a hose clamp , some tie wraps, a hand-carved block, or a conduit hanger that'll do a fine job.
Don't worry 'bout those guys!

Don't Forget Super Glue :D

Don't Forget Super Glue :D

It sounds like we are going to have a fun time playing around with this LNB, I hope the results are worth the effort, and if not I am sure I would have had a fun time anyway :D

I am expecting a lot from this LNB, I have a unheard of LNB which currently works much better than my Invacom. :)

Hi guys

Thanks for pointing out the diameter issue. Yes indeed it is a 50mm and not a standard 40mm neck. So, the typo online will be fixed Wednesday.

Please keep in mind this is not our main selling LNBF. This was a buyout we took from a supplier and that is why we have listed as cheap as it is.

However, testing this LNBF might show some good performance characteristics. I haven't tried it my self yet.

NEWS: In a week or so, we will be introducing a new Sadoun Mono-block twin linear Universal LNBF. It has a 4 degree separation and built in DiSEqC switch. It will receive signal from two satellites (i.e. 97W & 101W, or 97W & 93W) at the same time.

We will list the complete specs on our website soon.

cool. :)

If it warms up any time soon here in MN I'll try the 50mm LNB and see if I can jerry rig something

Biggest problem I have had with LNBFs is the L.O. frequency. Some are as much as 5 mhz off and that don't work with a fixed receiver such as the DiSH Network units. Also, makes finding the actual frequency on an FTA unit quite difficult.
Invacoms have been right on.

finding the true lof/h should be pretty easy. remember too though that a particular ird might also be a little off.

take a satellite with well known freq, like 123 or 97. now blindscan the satellite. take the freq scanned and subtract that from known freq, use TheList as an example.

if your 2 deg less, then make your lof 2 deg higher to compinsate.

rescan and you'll see it picked up the right freq now.

two problems though, one that your ird might be slightly off, ie my toshiba trx-2220 always things the freq is a little higher then it accually is. my satlook NIT thinks its a little lower then it accually is.

second problem is drift due to temperature, most lnb's the freq shouldnt drift much even with seveare changes, like +30c in the summer to -30c in the winter. but some will drift be a few degree's :( hard to tell except by testing it to see if its an issue or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)