Buy your Voom Receiver a much need extra !!!

Voomster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
SF Bay Area
Buy your Voom Receiver a much needed extra !!!

Howdy All:

Well I just coun't take it anymore, everytime there is a glitch in my power or birds fly by the Voom dish something makes one or the other box, loose it programming and or channel discriptors every glitch I suffer for two hours to two days or more with lots of down time troubleshooting I just could not take it anymore. ( I'm guessing ) Voom's Motorola Satalite Reveiver box seems to be almost all software program controlled , unlike firmware receivers Voom's receiver box seems to be very unstable at best.

So I decided to buy a few APC Back-UPS -- Battery Backup Unintriuptable Power Supply's ( like you buy for your P.C. Desktop computer systems)

My choice was the APC XS 1500 -- 1500 VA and 850 Watts backup power
providng CLEAN power an AVR automatic Volatage Regulating circuit and lots of status led lights .

Enough power to put my HD TV Receiver - Voom Sat Reveiver and Digital Antenna Rotor on the APC 1500 XS UPS and run eveything for a few hours in an emergency power black out or if i'm out being able to supply constant clean power to my Voom Sat receiver for weeks.

I'm tired of having my Voom Sat Receivers malfunction during power glitches for minor fluctuations , the cost about $ 200.00 each and since Voom did not have the common sense to provide a battery backup circuit and make them standard equipment in the Motorloa Sat Receivers :mad: As they should have :rolleyes:
I guess I'll provide the boxes with optimal clean AVR UPS power.

And it may hopefully keep Voom's Motorola Sat Receiver boxes free(er) from malfunctions. And protect my entire HD Satalittle System against any power related issues. :cool:

Voomster :rainbow

Voomster said:
Voom did not have the common sense to provide a battery backup circuit and make them standard equipment in the Motorloa Sat Receivers :mad: As they should have :rolleyes:
I guess I'll provide the boxes with optimal clean AVR UPS power.
Thats rich. PC's dont have them built in. My hughes HD sat reciever doesnt either. Actually no piece of electronics Ive ever owned did. And your bashing voom over this. :rolleyes:

vurbano said:
Thats rich. PC's dont have them built in. My hughes HD sat reciever doesnt either. Actually no piece of electronics Ive ever owned did. And your bashing voom over this. :rolleyes:
HOLY CRAP BATMAN< i am agreeing with Vurbano,
i too have owned and installed alot of electronics in my short life but ups was always an option as are line protectors, even in your very high end equipment it is not installed, always an external option. ;)

Voomster said:
Howdy All:

I just could not take it anymore. ( I'm guessing ) Voom's Motorola Satalite Reveiver box seems to be almost all software program controlled , unlike firmware receivers Voom's receiver box seems to be very unstable at best./QUOTE]
I can't believe you guys fell for this. He had to buy this for his 'satalite reveiver box'.

;) Gee, my stb's are all on battery back ups and they still have problems, I wonder if I have a bad UPS? :p ROTFLMAO :p

I've had my HDTV on an APC 2500 from the start because i use one of my PC's as a DVR.
I got the UPS from an old customer of mine that thought it was bad and was throwing it out.
I replaced the batteries last year with upgraded higher capacity versions.

During the hurricanes i had my TV going and was watching during the power outage for almost 3 hours on the batteries! Was i surprised how long they lasted.
I didn't realize how little power my TV used until then.

I did have the PC shut down since i know it sucks a lot of power.
It's a good investment and helps with brown outs that can damage any of your electronic equipment not just a PC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts