Buying 2nd 942

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MichaelG

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Sugar Land, Texas
Just a quick question.....I currently have a Dish 500 setup with the second 61.5 dish connected to a DPP44. I also have one 942 and two 811s. Because of some "home" issues, I want to get another 942. Is there any problem adding the 2nd 942 with this dish setup?

What will E* charge me for the 2nd 942?

(called dish and got my answer, ordering today!)

Thanks.

I am guessing $699. That's how much I was quoted when I asked to have a 2nd 942 when I first signed up. The first one was $250 lease, the 2nd one I have to pay full price of $699.

Oh, I didn't order it from Dish so I got it for 679 with free shipping. Last time I called Dish they wouldn't sell me a 2nd 942 since I already had one on lease.

My bill won't change since I am swapping out an 811 (and returning it).

HeavyC said:
I wish you could lease two of them. I'd sign up in a second if they offered that.

It would be far better if I could lease instead of buy.

When I had my install first part of May (i am a Voom refugee), the techs didn't really understand the 942 very well. It seemed like I had a defective 942 and after 3 on-site trouble calls and many hours on the phone with Dish, I was sent a replacement 942. Turned out that the problem wasn't with the 942 but with the wrong LNB type. So, for a few days, I had two 942s.

since I had 2 good 942s in hand, I asked Dish if they would lease the 2nd one.
They wouldn't nor would they let me buy it. It was the first of May, and the 942s were in short supply so they wanted it back. :(

That sucks. I know my problem is, I have 3 HDTV's. I'm willing to sacrafice the HD on the bedroom TV because it's small, so I'd love to share one 942 with our secondary TV downstairs and the bedroom upstairs. Those are the TV's my wife primarily uses.

Then, I could put the other 942 on our Home Theater where I'm much more likely to be watching and recording something at the same time. I don't know if I could go back to a setup that only had one tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)