Buying Dish Flex Pack And Nothing Else.

I also believe the Autopay discount was for 2 years. I switched to the Flex Pack in August 2016, so I'll find out soon enough.

Can't believe it's been 2 years already.

No, you get some DVR capabilities... you still do not have a Dish DVR. For instance, you still do not get VOD, which Dish DVRs have.
VOD is a service of the receiver and package, not the DVR, and I do get full DVR capabilities including multiple timers & timer configurations and the extended Guide. Whether the harddrive is inside or outside the receiver is irrelevant, it's still a DVR. A DVR is just what the acronym says it is, a Digital Video Recorder, and does not provide VOD in and of itself.

As for the OP's question. I switched to the Flex Pack last October and am receiving a $5 Autopay discount for 24 months.

Reactions: pattykay
I've never understood all this penis envy over the 211's. I have a VIP211K. It is a fully functional DVR. True, it doesn't have but two tuners. True, it doesn't do video on demand, blah blah blah. It serves my purpose just fine, it may not serve your's. It is what it is.................which is a DVR without a monthly fee for DVR. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've never understood all this penis envy over the 211's. I have a VIP211K. It is a fully functional DVR. True, it doesn't have but two tuners. True, it doesn't do video on demand, blah blah blah. It serves my purpose just fine, it may not serve your's. It is what it is.................which is a DVR without a monthly fee for DVR. :)
For that, it serves a great purpose... I am specifically mentioning why it would not qualify for the non DVR fee being waived.

Sounds like everyone is guessing. Until we have confirmation of a new customer with a DVR enabled Wally or 211 with the non-DVR fee, we'll never know.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Sounds like everyone is guessing. Until we have confirmation of a new customer with a DVR enabled Wally or 211 with the non-DVR fee, we'll never know.

giphy.GIF

For that, it serves a great purpose... I am specifically mentioning why it would not qualify for the non DVR fee being waived.
Personally, I think Dish should have done the exact opposite, and added the non-DVR fee only for existing customers with true "non-DVRs" such as the 311, 322, etc. Then, the funds raised by the fee could have gone toward paying for their equipment upgrade to MPEG-4 equipment later. On the other hand, why punish customers who already have a ViP222? Perhaps it should have been an "SD-only" fee instead.

A non DVR/first receiver fee was my breaking point for defending DISH fees.

I saw it coming when DirecTV started charging a first receiver fee a couple of years ago. I'm kinda surprised it took Dish so long to do it.

:hiding

And frankly, for a one time $40 DVR fee (do they still charge that?) and a cheap EHD you can have skip back to catch something you missed.
Yes, they do. Just paid $40 to activate the EHD feature on the pair of 211s I added to our vacation account last week. Eliminating the $15 fee on the 722k makes it pay off in five months of service.

Yes, they do. Just paid $40 to activate the EHD feature on the pair of 211s I added to our vacation account last week. Eliminating the $15 fee on the 722k makes it pay off in five months of service.

I only had to pay it once for the life of my account. At least that's what they told me. When I activated my Wally I didn't have to pay the $40 again, since it had already been paid previously for another receiver.

Reactions: pattykay
I only had to pay it once for the life of my account. At least that's what they told me. When I activated my Wally I didn't have to pay the $40 again, since it had already been paid previously for another receiver.
The account I activated the 211s on did not have EHD enabled until I added the 211s and asked for the feature to be activated.

The mystery in my case was the EHD I used on the 211k was the same one I had used when the receiver was in our master bedroom at home (separate account, pre-Hopper 3) and it was able to read and view all the programming still recorded on the EHD. I celebrated by watching an episode of Watson playing "Jeopardy!" recorded ages ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)