Buying Dish Flex Pack And Nothing Else.

All of these fees are just pushing more subs to streaming services. I know of quite a few that have cut the cord that had Dish, Direct, or Cable. There are so many streaming services out there now. So far no service has a complete set of locals in each market in the packages as yet, but that is coming. Plus there are thousands of free channels (apps) that Roku carries.

You might want to ask if paying the one-time $40 to turn the Wally into a DVR would eliminate the "non-DVR" fee. Then even if you never connect an external hard drive to use the DVR functions, you would still come out ahead in saving on the $5 non-DVR fee.

You might want to ask if paying the one-time $40 to turn the Wally into a DVR would eliminate the "non-DVR" fee. Then even if you never connect an external hard drive to use the DVR functions, you would still come out ahead in saving on the $5 non-DVR fee.
I suggested that before. I think the consensus was that the "non-DVR" fee would still apply regardless, since the Wally is not a "true DVR." (I do not agree with this policy. I am just passing along what others have said.)

Grandfathered stuff. Be aware that if you use Dish Pause that you lose a lot of stuff that was grandfathered. I had an old package, America something, put my system on pause for some overseas work, when I stopped the pause I could no longer have access to the old package. Not sure how this applies to non-DVR fee but "Be Careful Out There".

Not sure how this applies to non-DVR fee

It doesn't. My account is a little under 2 years old and I've changed packages and receivers several times, most recent of which was removing an H3 and replacing it with a Wally last month. I've also paused my service before. No non-DVR fee on my account. As ChadT41 said, this ONLY APPLIES TO NEW ACCOUNTS.

My understanding is Dish is still offering the VIP211k if you ask for it and it comes with the OTA tuner, no add-on needed. I recently had one of my receivers replaced and even though the tech showed up with a Hopper I told him I wanted a 211k and he went out to the truck and swapped receivers. It's also DVR capable and they can waive the $40 fee (they did for me) so I'm assuming the non-DVR fee would be a moot point in that configuration? Be kind of difficult to justify a non-DVR fee when you do, in fact, have a DVR.

No, you have a non DVR receiver than can record to an external hard drive. It’s even labeled a “HD Solo Non DVR” receiver.

Reactions: JSheridan
OK.

So. Getting back to the original question.

My cost should be:

34.99 Flex Pack
5.00 Wally Non-DVR Fee
(5.00) Autopay Credit
= 34.99

Is that about right? Anyone know what kind of other fees or service fees may be involved?! Thank you!

OK.

My cost should be:

34.99 Flex Pack
5.00 Wally Non-DVR Fee
(5.00) Autopay Credit
= 34.99

Is that about right? Anyone know what kind of other fees or service fees may be involved?! Thank you!
Nothing more than local tax.

Reactions: JSheridan
Also, DVR enables, does not mean DVR.
It does once it's enabled. As a matter of fact Dish performed a systems upgrade and harddrive test on my receiver just this morning so it would seem Dish is treating it as a DVR.

20180706_050616.jpg

Reactions: pattykay
No, you get some DVR capabilities... you still do not have a Dish DVR. For instance, you still do not get VOD, which Dish DVRs have.

OK.

My cost should be:

34.99 Flex Pack
5.00 Wally Non-DVR Fee
(5.00) Autopay Credit
= 34.99

I am not so sure that Flex Pack still qualifies for the $5 autopay credit for new customers. That is something Dish was doing two years ago when Flex Pack was first introduced, so some of us (myself included) still have that credit. I think (but am not sure) that the minimum qualifying package for new customers for the autopay credit was raised to America's Top 120 at some point.

The only other fees that would apply that I can think of would be the $0.03 FCC fee, and any surcharge that Dish may apply in your state, if your state has one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)