BUYING RECEIVERS ON E-BAY NOT A GOOD IDEA ALL THE TIME!

I 'm glad I bailed on the 922 when I did in November of 2010, after a long 9 months of suffering the glitches, software bugs, and general lack of features that the 722k already had. I just wish I hadn't bought it in the first place. I did get a brand new 722k as replacement from the online retailer I bought it from , so I was only out maybe $150.00 bucks total. But, the TIME I spent on this receiver to get it to work with the internet , not to mention I spent money on the router so it would be DISH compatible , and switching to Time Warner cable so I could get the higher upload and download speeds, really took more money than I needed to spend. The fact I bought a sling adapter for the 722k for another $99.99 ,two Christmases ago is another story. But I did learn a valuable lesson, I should of learned after the $1000.00 921pvr disaster: Never be the first to upgrade and never spend your own money to do it . I definitely will wait on this Hopper system, especially without ota , and I will never upgrade if it is more expensive than what I already have - FEE wise.

I bought my 722k on eBay. The seller had a 100% rating, and was selling the receivers brand new in the box. When I called to upgrade from the 625, the representative asked me where I bought the receiver, and I told him from eBay. He knew offhand that the receiver was brand new, and he told me I was wise not to go for anything used on that site. What you really have to watch out for is if the receiver is new or used. If it's used, then it's wise to call and check with Dish on the status of the receiver, as many of you do. If they say new but they don't have a 100% seller rating, then just continue on with your search, even if there's no review that specifically states the person sold them a used receiver despite saying it's new, because you never know if they had previously sold one.