buying tips-used 4dtv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I need some buying tips for used 4dtv receiver. What to look for and stay away from. I found some dsr-905's, 920's, and a few newer 922's.

The 905's being cheapest. But no s-video output - not good for my toshiba dlp tv. composit and rf signals just don't look that great on this tv.

s-video and HD look awesome.

what about someone oweing a balance to a previous programmer? would that stop me from subscribing? I know this hold true with the pizza dish companies. I was given a used pizza dish receiver and when i called to add the receiver onto my account as an extra room, a balance was owed by the former owner and i would have to pay their delinquet balance first.

I do not want to run into this with 4dtv if i choose a used receiver.

To be honest you should go for a brand new 922 from NPS or Skyvision, I would not buy any 905's or 920's if the battery was not changed, unless you plan on doing it on your own, both the 905 and 920 lack features and abilities of the latest model the 922.

I just went through the same decision process and wound up buying new. I was just too concerned about getting a receiver that didn't work. The difference in price of a new 922 vs. the old is only about $100. The NPS deal is pretty good, and SPS also has some deals. Since SPS is an NPS reseller, you can probably get NPS to match any of their deals. In my case, I wound up buying from this guy:

http://www.thesatelliteshop.net/hypercart/PictureFrame.asp?Sku=dsr922&categoryID=68

Mike

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)