Buzzing sound from my 10' mesh LNB area

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bcsman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Michigan
Thought maybe at first it was bees buzzing inside the LNB cone, but too cold today. Noticed it a few weeks ago and forgot about it. It makes a buzzing sound for a couple seconds, waits then makes it again, then repeats over and over. Is this the servo control going?? Get a picture on my 4DTV yet but not very good. Thanks for any advice.

PS I did have the 4DTV disconnected a month or so ago to change the battery. Maybe didn't get all the wires put back together correctly. Or maybe one fell off. Will check that also.

Thanks for the reply, can't take the cover off as I'm worried about bees right now. Supposed to get colder this weekend tho.

can't take the cover off as I'm worried about bees right now.

I can definitely relate to this!! Even though they are cold and maybe can't fly too fast they somehow still manage to end up bopping me!
Guess they can tell who's allergic to em and who's not :) Good Luck with your problem

i get a buzzing or clicking noise from my lmx-741 lnb when i am on k-band signals. it coincides with the 22k to activate the k-band lnb in the lmx-741. charlie

This is happening when my 4DTV is powered down also, so not on any signal.

Bassplayer, thanks for the support...hahaha

As far as the bees, wait until dusk, they are not as "alert", gently tap a few times on the dish, if nothing happens, then give it a shake, if nothing happens, then your good to go.

If you run when they come out, you will be fine, I've ran away many times from wasps (I'm highly allergic) and I have never got stung, or one even close to me.

Give it an hour, for them to get sleepy again, and spray the inside of the feedhorn with black flag.

UNPLUG the 4DTV to power it down, and unhook the lnb cable, if you still have buzzing, it might be a nest of bees! :O

Prob the probe in the feedhorn hitting against the stops. Or it may just be switching polarities, trying to find a vc2 signal. Both my GI IRDS will do that, it was a way they built-in to keep the receiver parked on a vc2 stream to keep the board activated. Check your receiver set-up screen for the lnb-type, and see if there is an option for 'seek'. You can turn it off if there is.

bcsman said:
This is happening when my 4DTV is powered down also, so not on any signal.

Bassplayer, thanks for the support...hahaha

Unless unplugged the 4dtv is active in standby.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts