BVN (Dutch Channel) in NYC

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just checked. Getting it here in Central Pennsylvania. Welcome to Satellite Guys Carmela! :)

Hi FTA4PA
I am in West Chester, PA and before the rain last week I would get 78%SS at 55%QA on a 70cm dish. This weeks rain made the signal disappear. So sick and tired of the rain fade I got a bigger dish and trying to point it now. Which gives me the most terrible time doing it. It takes forever to point it and by the time I reach out to tighten the bolts its gone again. Any tips... this a really sad transponder and Satellite.

So still working the issue I decided to reconfigure the transponder. By chance I put a different Symbol rate in so instead of 11719 I took a wrong value of 28500. This suddenly increased my QA from 0% to 34%. Is there anyone that understands why this is?

Last edited:
My signal strength on 113W has dropped in the last few weeks, such that I never see Reuters anymore and I lose BVN in heavy cloud cover. I don't know whether the power has dropped or the footprint has shifted, but people deeper within the footprint don't seem to be reporting any problems.

I don't speak Dutch so the issues with BVN just mean that I might have to pick another channel to watch Eurovision this year, but I'm pretty annoyed about losing Reuters.

Your receiver will normally 'get' a transponder +/-3Mhz of what's published, and the SR may be +/-100, because of 1) LNBF stability 2) accuracy of the clock signal in your receiver. All very well normal.

If you're aiming to 113W Ku I'd try to find it with the strongest TP available, that seems to be 11994 V 4340* as that's all I can get today, then try the others for a "Q" and peak them to 'zero in on it'.
*Published. I get it at 11994 V 4339.
So still working the issue I decided to reconfigure the transponder. By chance I put a different Symbol rate in so instead of 11719 I took a wrong value of 28500. This suddenly increased my QA from 0% to 34%
So did any channels scan in? I can't explain that one.
Signal only confirms you're connected to the LNBF.
Quality signifies how well the receiver is decoding the TP stream.
Usually, the higher the SR, the higher Q needs to be to decode.

Hi FTA4PA
I am in West Chester, PA and before the rain last week I would get 78%SS at 55%QA on a 70cm dish. This weeks rain made the signal disappear. So sick and tired of the rain fade I got a bigger dish and trying to point it now. Which gives me the most terrible time doing it. It takes forever to point it and by the time I reach out to tighten the bolts its gone again. Any tips... this a really sad transponder and Satellite.
Hi Fuifnummer! I added a bracket below my motor mount to keep it from sliding down the pole when the bolts are loosened. Bought it at home depot ( http://www.homedepot.com/p/YARDGARD-2-3-8-in-Adjustable-Wood-Adapter-328598C/204510284 ) and it works very well.
100_2397_Resized.JPG
Also, check out this post for an excellent device one of the members here came up with for adjusting your dish. http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3471215/ Hope it helps! Good luck! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts