BVN issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.
HI Turbosat, You know.. with my actual set up I feel like I am fishing without knowing if there is a hook at the end of the wire. I am in the dark towards the fact if the equipment is correct, if the config gets regoqnized, etc. So with equipment that actually helps me to know that all is well I would not give up.

For example the fact that my sat-finder is literly screaming at me " FUIF your there, you got a satellite, it works " but the receiver show nothing. If I am hitting the wrong satellite sure thats just a matter of finding another. But why is the quality of that phantom satellite below zero?

So that just drives me nuts... and I think it's time to get good equipment.

Fuif.
progress.gif

Hi Turbosat, could not get that one, but the guy (wsidigital) suggested the Omegasat DSB5700. As I am not sure about both the LNB nor the receiver that I use at this point, so I started with a new LNB (also more economical if it turns out to be a faulty LNB ;)) and will take it from there. Thanks

finding sat

Fuif -- I skimmed through the thread, so forgive me if I missed something.

If you are on the wrong satellite, you will not get signal quality on the transponder that you are looking for. I suggest that you guestimate what satellite you are pointing to. Then go into setup and check the transponders on adjacent satellites to see if you have signal quality on any of them. You will have to cycle through the transponders to see if signal quality appears. If you do find signal quality that way, you will know exactly what satellite your dish is pointing to.

Adjacent satellites include Galaxy 19, Galaxy 16, AMC1. You could also just try to scan those satellites to see if something comes in.

Here's a question for other members but which is pertinent to the difficulty that Fuif is having: Can average sat-finders identify specific transponders? I was under the impression that they just indicate the presence of a satellite -- any satellite.

Hi Otheo,

Thanks for your response, I tried to find another satellite but did not find any. I am suspecting that my receiver is toast. See the previous posts.

More to come..

My limited experience with the small (cheap) sat finders is that they seem to always find the Echo Star sats, and don't seem to see the rest very well. Doesn't seem to make a difference what transponder the receiver is set to, IF, etc. Best way I found to find a particular satellite is to have the receiver & TV close to the dish so you can watch/listen while you SLOWLY pan the dish. A really expensive satellite finder would do the same thing, it is basically a receiver. Good luck!
-C.

Hi Guys

Good news and bad news, bad news first .. I have to spend buckeronies on a new receiver as the good news is that a friend tested the receiver and concluded that it died.

So off to the bank...:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts