BVN now on G-19 bird 97w*

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
BVN has just updated their website. .:)

www.bvn.tv/change%20

Now here's the kicker

They says they are sending on 113W* with new modulation scheme sending at freq, 12.040 GHz, H bitrate 3.540 MBs at FEC 1/2 yep 1/2!!:eeek

That's very rare to see FEC 1/2 and I am going to DX this baby and see what's happens next!

Stay tuned!:biggrin

No luck on that freq, 12.040 GHz, H bitrate, 3.540 MBs FEC 1/2.

No signal but all other signals are coming in fine...:)

4 possibly reason are due to...

1. I am out of footprints ranges.

2. FEC 1/2 much harder to get.

3. Not on the air yet.

4. Typos on the BVN's website or wrong information .:facepalm

An FEC of 1/2 should be much easier to get .... That means half of the signal is error correction.

It gets harder as the fraction gets larger. For example, ABC network feeds on C-band have an FEC of 9/10, which is why you get nothing, nudge the dish slightly and suddenly it's booming in. Much less margin for error on a signal like that.

NHK World (55W) has a similar generous error correction of 1/2 and as a result is easy to receive on under size dishes.

Reactions: N5XZS
Predominately Dutch with Belgian and some German with subtitles in Dutch. Variety of programming. My cousin in The Netherlands would have to pay extra for this premium channel.
Usually when the programming is Belgian it has "een" written in the top corner ("one" in dutch, for VRT-1). I've seen stuff in French there too occasionally, and always with dutch subtitles in that case

No luck on that freq, 12.040 GHz, H bitrate, 3.540 MBs FEC 1/2.
4. Typos on the BVN's website or wrong information .:facepalm

The website seems a little confusing, or confused... At the top is a table showing the change they made earlier in the year, followed by the deadline for dropping the old parameters, then down the page out of nowhere they start talking about the 12040 frequency.

BVN is compiled from the Dutch and Belgian public broadcasters: NOS and VRT. It's a similar set up to 3sat, which isn't available here but is a mixture of public TV from Germany, Switzerland and Austria.

It's also a great place to watch the Eurovision Song Contest, or Eurovisie Songfestival as they would say.

Reactions: Jim S. and Brct203
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts