Bye Bye Dish.........

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ghost

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
I have been an E* sub since June of 1996. I have waited to upgrade to HD and a DVR until things settled down just a bit. Still waiting until MPEG 4 is done, I called last night to upgrade my legacy receiver to a plain Jane 311. Sure the CSR said. You've been with us a long time and you qualify. It will be $100 for installation, you need a major credit card and an 18 month commitment. I said I don't need installation, just the receiver. Oh! In that case it will be $50 and you need to sign an 18 month commitment.

I asked for a supervisor. After holding for ten minutes this guy quotes me the same thing. I said if that's the best you can do for a 10 year sub then I'll cancel, go to D* and get a DVR for free. He said, and I swear it is true, OK then.

I have never missed a payment in ten years to these guys. I can't believe they would lose nearly a $100 a month and a good customer over $50. Well, come February 4, the day D* installs me, I will cancel E*. See ya, Charlie!:)

we're getting close to that. but i hate to say it but i think im stuck w/ E* for now. D* can send the two signals through one cable and srry theres no way we are drilling new holes in our new siding not going to happen. I love E* but there have just has been so many things w/ them recently that we might be moving to D* untill we are consdered new customers and get the great deals. but i dont run the check book so never know.

Because........

It's the principle of the thing with me. They can give away the store for a new customer, but someone with a good payment record and customer loyalty can't get a break? E* is going to leasing anyway, so what is the difference?

Besides, all the crap we have gone through with E*. We built a house over the summer and it took three tries over a five day period for them to get the install done right. That is AFTER I lost two days at work to meet the installer and spent hours on the phone with E*. I have picture issues with E* as well. I have serious rain fade on my locals. Tech says it is the location of the sats for E*. My neighbors with D* NEVER lose signal.

I have been watching what E* does with HD and reading what you guys that have HD are saying. Frankly they suck. What good are channels that no one wants to watch or spooling channels like VOOM? Bottom line is that E* didn't care to try to keep me as a customer. Dumb business move if you ask me. Charlie and Rupert both better realize that viewing options for TV will increase exponentially in the next couple of years and change their practices to keep customers satisfied or lose market share along with their stock rating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)