Bye Bye E*

emu1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Alabama
Well I just got an interesting call from a Natalie(?) in the executive office at E*. I have been with them for several years and was one of the first ones to order the 622 on Feb 1st. After the normal hassle with the CSRs, I was given the install date of 2/21. I'm in Alabama and was told by the CSR that they would send in for the waivers that would allow me to get ABC, NBC, and FOX in HD out of New York. (I already have CBS) I have been waiting a long time for the network channels. My neighbor has D* and has had all the network channels in HD for a while. Well, Natalie told me that the waivers were for only SD, not HD.

I tried to be patient and a loyal customer to E* and wait on the HD Feeds. Now told I still can't get them after getting hopes up from the CSR.

I believe I can get D* installed by weeks end and have HD networks.

Can anyone confirm that I can't get NY locals in HD in Alabama even if I get waivers approved?

emu1 said:
Well I just got an interesting call from a Natalie(?) in the executive office at E*. I have been with them for several years and was one of the first ones to order the 622 on Feb 1st. After the normal hassle with the CSRs, I was given the install date of 2/21. I'm in Alabama and was told by the CSR that they would send in for the waivers that would allow me to get ABC, NBC, and FOX in HD out of New York. (I already have CBS) I have been waiting a long time for the network channels. My neighbor has D* and has had all the network channels in HD for a while. Well, Natalie told me that the waivers were for only SD, not HD.

I tried to be patient and a loyal customer to E* and wait on the HD Feeds. Now told I still can't get them after getting hopes up from the CSR.

Can anyone confirm that I can't get NY locals in HD in Alabama even if I get waivers approved?

E* only have permission to used CBS in HD not the another networks. Dish Network have to get permission from ABC, NBC and Fox to broadcast in HD for Distant Networks.

well thats what I just learned. She told me that they have plans on that, but could not give me a date. She just said they hoped to have that ability by years end, but could not even guarrantee that. My area is not in the list of top 50 areas getting HD locals so if I stay with E*, I have to just accept SD which I just won't do anymore not when D* can give it to me.

As a side note, she did say that she felt good about me getting my 622 installed on the 21st. She would not admit that there were any problems. She just said there was a high demand.

emu1 said:

I would tend to believe that if you have waviers for the SD channels, you will get the HD channels, I am sure someone can chime in. Dish is actively workin on getting these channels up, and I am sure we will see it happen SOON, if they arent already up and broadcasting.
go here for the information read through this thread, should help!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=54801

Last edited:
She was right in the "high demand" analysis. She also chose to leave out the "low supply" followup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)