Bye Pansat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

shankle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
florida
I have sent Pansat 3 messages of which none were answered.
Their software is abominable for the 250sm.
Evidently they don't care. So I don't care anymore.
I realize they could care less of my opinions but maybe they
with their bad customer relations will go out of business.

Azbox on the other hand has a forum of which I used to ask
a question and I got a nice answer. Since I am not a rich
cat that can afford multiple boxes, my next box will be an Azbox.
Thank you people of Azbox.

It is clear to me that Pansat existed to serve the pirate television market back in the day. As of yet they have still failed to implement a working ATSC guide, and do very little to add functionality for true FTA viewers.

While I enjoy by 9200 HD, it would be doubtful if I ever purchased another product from them.

It is sad about Pansat. It was not always a hacking tool. My first digital receiver was Pansat 330a which replaced the 300a. It had a great picture but preceeded blind scan, and a lot of other features we have now. I do not know if they changed ownership or the owners just could not resist the temptation of the easy money of selling to hackers. I still use my 330a for viewing some of the staple channels (i.e. G19, SES1). I have a used Pansat 2500 for blindscanning (yep, the original owner was a hacker but it does its job very well).

But to try to help the OP, the website has new equipment posted as of May 26th. 2010, so they appear to still be in business. And it looks like the latest software for the 250sm is December 14, 2009. If these do not match what you have then check the website at
PANAREX
Good luck.

I have sent Pansat 3 messages of which none were answered.
Their software is abominable for the 250sm.
Evidently they don't care. So I don't care anymore.
I realize they could care less of my opinions but maybe they
with their bad customer relations will go out of business.

Azbox on the other hand has a forum of which I used to ask
a question and I got a nice answer. Since I am not a rich
cat that can afford multiple boxes, my next box will be an Azbox.
Thank you people of Azbox.

Why don't U call Panarex direct? They are Pansat

I got very good service from Panarex for the repair of a Pansat 3500SD. I followed the instructions for return for repair. A little more than a week later, I had the stb back and working fine.

Pansat 250sm

I contacted Panarex concerning the 250sm also concerning the firmware. I felt it was lacking a lot as far as FTA was concerned. At the time I contacted them, they did respond and they did look into the problem I was having. Panarex suggested I re-install the factory firmware using the RS232 cable and try that a couple of times. After several tries I got the bugs worked out and it turns out to be an OK receiver for my use. With the current firmware loaded it's not the ideal fta receiver because it lacks a lot.

I have a Pansat 2500 and 2700 and both of those boxes are top notch FTA receivers and I can't complain. Both have worked fine for years and I have never had a problem with either of them. They may not have all the bells but they do exactly what I need.

When dealing with Pansat especially about a discontinued model one can't expect very much help or support. The warrenty on these boxes have long since expired so exactly what do we expect from this company?

I agree the firmware sucks for FTA but the model is no longer supported. I don't blame Panarex for the fact they don't support a receiver forever. I can fault them for releasing a receiver that was intended for FTA and even the factory firmware is nearly useless for that operation...

All in all none of these companies are perfect and none of the receivers out there is. It would be my guess they have all been used for other intended purposes at one time or another...That isn't the faults of those who made the receivers but instead would be the faults of those who demanded those types of receivers. It's what the public wanted and they gave them what they wanted...

real FTA box.

never owned your model. but as you can see below i own most models and they rock. as a blind scaning box they are the best hands down over the years. have owned most other brands that have been put out over the past 7 years and out the door they went. even the 9200 once it's cooled WELL. (see 9200 thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/123298-pansat-9200-w-s2-8psk-addin-6.html ) is a very good real FTA box. would be a sad day if they ever close the doors.
azbox has helped us FTA ers here in the states in the past year and the newer ones are even better for real FTA.

I use a Pansat 2700A for a tool for pointing dishes and scanning and is a true workhorse. I have TPs loaded from across the arc to help figure coordinates easily when outside.

On the other hand, I have an early 9200HD which I rarely use and is buggy as can be and frustrating. It sits in the closet.

... so they appear to still be in business.

That is a surprise to me! :eek:

I never thought that anyone could survive charlie once you were in bed with

him or he was just courting you!!! ;)

I have 2 Pansat 3500 models and they are great receivers! :up

Panarex is local to me, drove by the other day and yeap business as usual.

Is Pansat out of business or what? Why isn't anyone releasing receivers lately? I haven't seen anything come out in the 6 months I have been interested in FTA. It seems like more companies have been shut down than new receivers being released.

Pansat has the TC1000HD. Not entirely new, it's been out a little over a year I think. And you're right
It seems like more companies have been shut down than new receivers being released.
Since they shut down the eye-patch suppliers, the landscape has changed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts