C Band 6 Foot

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg said:
no you should be fine. You might need to adjust the elevation a little.

I do the same thing (ghetto move). I have one advantage of being in the midwest is IA6 is my true south. So AMC3 over to AnikF1 are pretty much the same elevation (within .2 of a degree) :)

That is a big advantage, although for the southern birds it's a small adjustment in elevation (less than 2 degrees here).

Tron said:
Tracy, your splitter would need to be a 2 Ghz model, the 1 Ghz ones used by most cable companies lack the bandwidth for satellite.

Thanks Tron! I wonder if Radio Shack would carry those? If not, anyone know a source?

I'll check them out tomorrow when the wife goes to get groceries. You have to plan every trip out in the boonies where I live considering the price of gas and it's 20 miles to anywhere!

Tracy
I posted the links above. You might want to call the shack and give them the part number to make sure they have them in stock :)

voomvoom said:
Tracy, if I was you, I would get a high gain splitter and split the coax from the loop-out and hook both the C and ku on the Uniden up and see if it will work like that. I think it will, and I see no reason for it not to. That way you won't have to switch the coax back and forth on the back of the Uniden, when you're watching analog C or ku. Just a thought and it might not work.

Al

Edit: also, I would be interested to know if it will pick up the other band from whichever you have tuned in on the Fortec. I know it would if you wired it as in the diagram I showed you in the earlier post, but if you do it like this, I think it will only get the band the Fortec is on, just like it will only get the polarity. But, if the loop-out is a passthrough (and I think it is), it should work.

Al,

Thanks for the original idea. Yes, the splitter does work and allows you to keep connected all the time on both bands. However, it appears that the Uniden will only tune the band the Fortec is on, although it is difficult to test this since there is very little KU analog on G4.

Thanks! :up

Iceberg said:
no you should be fine. You might need to adjust the elevation a little.

I do the same thing (ghetto move). I have one advantage of being in the midwest is IA6 is my true south. So AMC3 over to AnikF1 are pretty much the same elevation (within .2 of a degree) :)
Not much difference in elevation for IA6 but F1 at 107, the elevation has to be lower at least 5 degs.

ftarock said:
Not much difference in elevation for IA6 but F1 at 107, the elevation has to be lower at least 5 degs.

BUZZZ...wrong

IA6 is at 38.2 elevation for my location
G4 (where the dish is set to) is at 38 elavation
AnikF1 is at 36.8 elevation

so its a degree or so...still get good signal on AnikF1 :)

I don't move my dish's elevation when I move along the arc. It just works just fine :)

5 degs lower is wrong, but .2 degs is not correct either.....:confused:
As last time I check, the earth is still curve.....;)

Iceberg said:
BUZZZ...wrong

IA6 is at 38.2 elevation for my location
G4 (where the dish is set to) is at 38 elavation
AnikF1 is at 36.8 elevation

so its a degree or so...still get good signal on AnikF1 :)

I don't move my dish's elevation when I move along the arc. It just works just fine :)

who cares (obviously you do) what elevation my dish is at

I can scan from AMC3 to AnikF1 with no issues and no changes to my elevation and still get almost everything :)

and that is all that matters

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Thanks Tron! I wonder if Radio Shack would carry those? If not, anyone know a source?
Tracy, I found the ones I use at Best Buy (I really did). They even had a 2GHz 4/1 splitter, I went back and got me couple of them. And, I have enough receivers to use every port. 4dtv, Pansat, Coolsat, and Qualitv.

Al

Edit: I would now like to come across some 8/1 diseqc switches, in the states, because I don't seem to have enough ports for my DVB receiver's. All three currently need 6, that's not quite enough for the 4/1 switches I have in use. I generally don't use either of 2 circular feeds, only the Coolsat use's one for now.

Last edited:
Here's a couple quick snapshots of my new dish farm: :)

Attachments

• DSC_2835-after.jpg
    DSC_2835-after.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC_2836-after.jpg
    DSC_2836-after.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 97
BKP said:
Looking Good...

How do you like that ground mount..

It works great if you are moving the dish by hand. A knob controls the elevation and works really well. Someday I hope to move up the road about 500 feet to a new piece of land and I can just load the dish in my truck and go!

Status
Please reply by conversation.