C-band a la carte

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wpcj

Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
Albion, PA
Does any one subscribe to a C-band “a la carte”? I cut the cord from cable about a year ago and for the most part I’m very glad I did. But I do miss my syfy and see where I can get it for about $6 per month. What satellite would I have to point my dish at to get it?

Hi,

SRL has syfi for $5.99 per month. Only problem good luck trying to find a cheap DSR-305US,DSR-410,DSR-410DNA,DSR-905,DSR-920 or DSR-922.

DSR 410 Programming Packages

Last edited:
And you need your dish at 105W-AMC-18.

@ Wally--? You sure about the 305? There are quite a few on Ebay for about 30$

Cheers, K

Yup has to be DSR-305US. Not any on ebay those are all for shaw. The DSR-305US is very very very hard to find. But you never know the only cable company i know of that used the box was charter.

Thanks guys. That is exactly what I needed to know. Get a GI DSR-920 or DSR-922 and point the dish at 105W-AMC-18. I will keep my eyes out for a receiver.

The 920/922 are going on E* from 400 to 500$ (too rich for me). I'd love to get my hands on a 410 but these are impossible to find

Cheers, K

:no That's still not HD.
True, but for those of us that sub through Hits to Home its a way to fill the screen. Didn't say it was HD. Only upconverted to HDMI.
And there are times its fun to record for personal use like the Bond Marathon last month on Encore.;)

I feel bad for that service that there is no HD programming available, wish the situation had developed differently. What could have been if...

That B-17E is still flying despite all the flak.
Email enquiries to SRL & Comcast about HD programming from Comcast's lineup of channels. Persistence & perseverance.

True, but for those of us that sub through Hits to Home its a way to fill the screen. Didn't say it was HD. Only upconverted to HDMI.
And there are times its fun to record for personal use like the Bond Marathon last month on Encore.;)

How is recording horribly molested versions of the Bond movies "fun" when the entire line has been released on Blu-ray?

A 4:3 standard definition version of Syfy isn't even worth a penny.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts