C-Band and Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nailzs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
I just bought a 50" Panasonic plasma HD TV and I'm wondering if it's possible to receive Dish Network with the c-band dish instead of a small dish? I'd like to get HD programming that I can't get with just c-band, but don't want the small dish.

I have seen a C-Band scalar ring with a DSS LNBF built into it but I cannot remember where. It was commercially available as well. You might want to try skyvision.

If your dish is Ku band capable, it should work, but dish's hd is spread over the arc. It will be sooooo much easier to use if you have the small dish installed.

Have scalar Ring with lnb inside/lnb gone bad

Hello, where do I get another lnb with the plastic cover over the end?Dothey come with the Invacom quar-polar lnb(lnb with 2port for ku and 2 circular).Sometime the lnb in my scalar ring get in the way on my feedhorn.My dishnetwork lnb went bad.I need to replacment.Jackpeas@yahoo.com

Texanmutt said:
What is your reason for wanting to use a BUD for dish net ?
I can't speak for him, but I can give an idea. Right now at this very moment, it's raining hard enough I'm not getting any signal with my DishNet equipment or my 30" fta equipment, but my C-band is rock solid. Absolutely no blinks. But, on another note. If we have very high/strong winds here, I can have problems with my Bud while my smaller dishes perform well.

Al

voomvoom said:
I can't speak for him, but I can give an idea. Right now at this very moment, it's raining hard enough I'm not getting any signal with my DishNet equipment or my 30" fta equipment, but my C-band is rock solid. Absolutely no blinks. But, on another note. If we have very high/strong winds here, I can have problems with my Bud while my smaller dishes perform well.

Al
Your c-band is a lower frequency is mostly the reason you don't get rain fade.
The higher the frequency(shorter wave lenght) the more lightly you will get rain fade.

I guess I didn't completely explain....

martin1 said:
Your c-band is a lower frequency is mostly the reason you don't get rain fade.
The higher the frequency(shorter wave lenght) the more lightly you will get rain fade.
Strange, and here I was thinking it was because it was a 10 foot, compared to a 30 incher. I guess I didn't completely explain. I know what you mean for C-band, but I also have ku, the cable from the 10 foot dish to my fta holds the signal on ku while the cable from the 30 inch dish doesn't, when it's raining extremely hard.

Al

voomvoom said:

Al

There is a better way to take care of that. Instead of using a dish 500, use 2 seperate 30 inch winegard dishes (one for 110 and one for 119) and then bring them into a switch. That is a setup commonly used for SMATV systems.

http://www.winegard.com/home/76cm.htm

Texanmutt said:
What is your reason for wanting to use a BUD for dish net ?
I was looking at more HD programming to go along with what I get on c-band, and not have to run another cable into the house, but from what I've read about what's HD channels are available, and what it will cost to put a Dish Network + Voom system together, I've pretty much changed my mind for now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts