C-Band and Linear KU LNB Motorised

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's my current prime 84e setup. The scaler on the bsc421 improved the Q ten points to 40Q on the low and 60Q on one TP. My C-band is 8ºw of center.

I have problems with RTN. With the aluminum on the Ku my Q goes from a bouncing 35Q to a steady 35Q with occasional evening peaks to 55Q. My CNX duo's threshold is 35Q.

A round dish my do better.

Attachments

• undr.jpg
    undr.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 131
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 124
  • close.jpg
    close.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 115
  • clamp.jpg
    clamp.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 128
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 137
  • sclr.jpg
    sclr.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 140
  • frnt.jpg
    frnt.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 127
Here's my current prime 84e setup. The scaler on the bsc421 improved the Q ten points to 40Q on the low and 60Q on one TP. My C-band is 8ºw of center.

I have problems with RTN. With the aluminum on the Ku my Q goes from a bouncing 35Q to a steady 35Q with occasional evening peaks to 55Q. My CNX duo's threshold is 35Q.

A round dish my do better.

Nice Setup Putney, and thanks. Using your description above, I take it the C-band is looking at Galaxy 17 91°W . This is a stationary setup(fixed), I believe.

Nice Setup Putney, and thanks. Using your description above, I take it the C-band is looking at Galaxy 17 91°W . This is a stationary setup(fixed), I believe.

No, I've got a motor. It's a SG-6000.
I'm at 90.6ºw so 91ºw is my most southern (strongest) sat.

Here's what I pulled when the C-band was centered:

After tweaking the scaler and LNB, I was able to hit C-band on 91w, 113w, 118.8, 123w, 125w, 127w. ( I dropped the LNB and angled it up higher on the dish as suggested) Some were just locks on empty TPs (118.8), but I peaked at 75Q on one TP on 91w. All in all successful at finding strong C-band signals, but it was all christian broadcasting, which is already abundant on Ku. My Ku on a 15º offset tracked the arc and locked on 85% of the signals I had when the LNB was centered, but the signals were down 30Q points.

and a link:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/186725-mini-bud-p-dish-question.html

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 124
With 72°W my true south satellite, if I use 72°W KU at the center, which C-band satellite, can I use as a guide to setup my offset C-band satellite or how many degrees off can i place the C-Band? The nearest C-Band satellite West of 72°W is 15° off and to my east is 58°W and 14° off?:confused:

Edit: What was the center LNB looking at when the picture was taken?

The center LNB was looking at 99° West Ku.

I would move the dish over to ~ 78° and try to peak the offset LNB's position and skew on 72°, then move the dish over to your most Eastern/Western C-Band satellites and check / re-peak them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)